What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Message 31 of 40

I honestly don't know how I passed the time without my iPad. It goes with me everywhere. I not only play games on it. I download books and read news feeds. It is such a handy device. 
I enjoyed reading the stories of all the profiled gamers. It was a diverse group.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 40

Hi Gamers! 

I'd love to hear from you all, so don't be afraid to speak up! 

I totally agree with Mary Louise H. about gaming being transportive. Sometimes if I'm stressed about something in work or life, I'll play a game just to take a mental break. I don't have to think about my surrounding and can focus on something fun for a bit. It helps even if just for a few minutes. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 40

I loved being interviewed for this discussion, so I wondered what the other participants' stories were.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading them all!!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 40

Thanks @JessicaB128523 and @BobJ685852 for mentioning AARP Staying Sharp Games. For anyone who may be interested, please click here to find out more information about this Member benefit (activation required).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 40

Mary Louise H. "@mlou58"  told us that gaming helped her while her husband was in the hospital. It was "transportative," she said. Have any of you found gaming to be transportative in your own life? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 40

Meet some of the real people behind the leaderboard! Like you, they play games to keep their brains active and pass the time. And like you, they have lives beyond their screen time. We talked with eight AARP gamers to find out their stories and learn who they are when they’re not logged in. Please allow me to introduce:

Barbara M.

Bob J.

Delphine R.

Donna R.

Dinata M.

Jeffrey A.

Mary Louise H.

Regan C.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 40

Me either!! I'm excited to see the Staying Sharp games. I do think that the regular games help me stay sharp but if there are games that go deeper in that area...all the better, right?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 40

I had no idea the "Staying Sharp" collection of games even existed until I started participating in the games discussion forums. Never too old to learn.....right?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 40

Thanks to some recommendations from the Discussions, I have tried Scramble Words and am really enjoying it!!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Message 40 of 40

Over the past several weeks, you've met a few of your fellow gamers through our articles and forum discussions. You've seen how Jeffrey A. @Jfree69 uses gaming to stay busy, and how Regan C. @bayartist uses it to help with a brain aneurysm recovery, while Donna R. @DonnaR904722, Bob J. @BobJ685852, and Dinata M. @Dinata use it for fun and relaxation. Did you see any of your own story in the things they shared? Does knowing the people behind the leaderboard help you feel more connected to the AARP Games community?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users