Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your gaming routine? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 5

Message 11 of 21

Hello, @BobJ685852, thanks for the heads up. We've removed those implausible scores. As you say, game on!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

What's my gaming routine? I almost always play at night, usually right before bedtime. It's a good way to destress after a long day. If I'm on my phone, I usually play on my couch. But sometimes I play right on my laptop in bed. 

But I love you morning gamers who like to start the day off right with a good game. Barbara M., one of the Behind the Leaderboard games says that she plays first thing in the morning. Check out her routine here

"I usually play first thing in the morning, after I’ve taken care of my mail and one or two other things. Once I get a score of 1,800 on Pyramid Solitaire, I go on to something else," she says. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

I love jigsaw puzzles. My family and I actually do a 1000 piece Christmas puzzle every year. So fun! Doing them on the computer works great too, but rotating the pieces can get tricky. 

And yes, games are a great way to stay busy after retirement. I think a lot of people in this community would say the same thing, right, gamers?  

Thank you so much for sharing!  

@ja92681312 wrote:

I do quite a few jigsaw puzzles. We used to do them a lot in my family when I was growing up, and when I found an on-line program I got back into it. It's convenient because I don't have to have the table space to lay them out, but it's kind of frustrating not to be able to see all the pieces laid out at once. However there are other challenges such as timed puzzles, choosing the number of pieces in a puzzle and choosing whether or not to be able to rotate the pieces.There are lots of free puzzles and I only pay occasionally for some packs I want with more interesting images.

I also now do crosswords on-line after many years of doing them directly in the newspaper (a low-cost subscription to the New York Times puzzles).  Learning to use the keyboard to fill in the squares was a learning curve as was getting something large enough so that I can see the clues and squares. I used to have a bunch of crossword dictionaries to consult, whereas now it's easy to look up answers on-line. You have to find a balance between using your brain and getting the answer right away.

Another word program I like is Bonza on my iPhone for which I have to unscramble and arrange words in a crossword grid according to a theme given with the puzzle.

I'm retired and spend a good bit of time on these games at home when I'm not occupied and feeling restless. Or in waiting rooms when I'm waiting for appoinments!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

I do quite a few jigsaw puzzles. We used to do them a lot in my family when I was growing up, and when I found an on-line program I got back into it. It's convenient because I don't have to have the table space to lay them out, but it's kind of frustrating not to be able to see all the pieces laid out at once. However there are other challenges such as timed puzzles, choosing the number of pieces in a puzzle and choosing whether or not to be able to rotate the pieces.There are lots of free puzzles and I only pay occasionally for some packs I want with more interesting images.

I also now do crosswords on-line after many years of doing them directly in the newspaper (a low-cost subscription to the New York Times puzzles).  Learning to use the keyboard to fill in the squares was a learning curve as was getting something large enough so that I can see the clues and squares. I used to have a bunch of crossword dictionaries to consult, whereas now it's easy to look up answers on-line. You have to find a balance between using your brain and getting the answer right away.

Another word program I like is Bonza on my iPhone for which I have to unscramble and arrange words in a crossword grid according to a theme given with the puzzle.

I'm retired and spend a good bit of time on these games at home when I'm not occupied and feeling restless. Or in waiting rooms when I'm waiting for appoinments!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

Bogus score alert !!! Looks like [some players] are using game hacks !!! There are downloadable game speed hacks out there and it looks like they work. If youve ever played scramble words, you know its impossible to generate scores like this. Game on !!!More Bogus scores.png

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

Hola Concierge! I dont do as much gaming while on vacation, but if theres a desktop pc available, Im liable to sneak in a game or two if theres not much going on. Ive never been comfortable gaming on my phone or tablet. Gotta have a mouse and keyboard!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

@DonnaR904722, that sounds like a great routine. Would you say that your gaming habits changed over the years? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

@BobJ685852 do you play games when you're on the go or when you're on vacation? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

I dont really have a routine myself. I do play fairly often but not on a given schedule per se. Just when the urge hits me!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

I like doing the crosswords in the morning and some of the solitare and other word games for afternoon!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors