Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What games do you play to keep your mind active? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 3

Message 11 of 25
Outspell ,Word find, Pyramid Solitaire, Golf Solitaire, Some brain teasers games & couple of other games
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What games do you play to keep your mind active? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 3

Message 12 of 25

Enthusiastic agreement about playing with younger people! It's a great way to connect with my nieces and nephews. I prefer playing 'IRL' games with other people as opposed to computer games. Levels out the playing field.

I also think that playing with other people helps with staying sharp. It involves more than just the game. You've got to mind your social set of skills as well as pay attention to the game. Given that multi-tasking is something I've noticed slipping with age, this helps...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

That would be great if it's possible!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

@CarmenmC98799 I love these suggestions! I'm going to go play a word game now. Have you tried Wander Words? https://games.aarp.org/games/wander-words

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

Hi Concierge! I saw you mentioned the staying sharp program. I tried some of those games and they were pretty awesome. Would be cool if those games could be integrated with the games section and see what kind of high scores could be attained. Would that be possible?

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

Don't know how it would be with everyone else, but I REALLY like Match 3 Games. If you havn't tried them and care to do so, just google something like "fun free match3 games" and you will certainly find some if interested. There are hundreds of them on the internet. I also enjoy BTD games.  BTD means "Bloons Tower Defense" and there are all kinds. I'm having some issues right now due to some "Log In" issues, but I watched my Grandson  play BTD5, 6 or 7 years ago and have been playing every since at least. You have to think !!!!!!

Regards, Dan

DANR1939
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

I play Wordament and word and hidden clues games to sharpen recall skills,and maintain grammar and English/Spanish skills. I also play Yahtzee,Monopoly,etc. for maintaining decision-making skills.The best challenges come from playing with young people between 12-30 years of age!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

I like to play sploofus online, wheel of Fortune and jeopardy on TV.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@JR248605 wrote:

I play Word Whomp and a game similar to Blackjack

Two great games, @JR248605! What do you like about those playing games? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

I play Word Whomp and a game similar to Blackjack

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!