AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games - Sorry No Kudos

Message 81 of 918

As someone that has done a little software testing in their time, I am surprised you failed to adequately test your replacement games with seniors that regularly play the games. Had you done that you would have discovered the "find a word" game was nothing like the web replacement. The encapulized words on the web game are almost impossible to see and the view is very taxing on the eyeballs. The whole point of "find a word" is to improve your ability to quickly locate words without eye strain. Once you have tagged a word you want to be able to quickly identify other matches. However on the web version you supplied you make it virtually impossible to find new words, as the backlight is lowered on the first match. Please either restore the old  "find word" or use senior testers to help you test replacement software for suitability. 

Thanks.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
chj
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 82 of 918

This is the main games page:  https://games.aarp.org.

You can search for games there. I did find Freecell Solitaire and it looked fine - sharp and crisp - and worked well. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 918

The games sort of work but the mahjong games are slow to respond. I upgraded my system to Mojave (Mac) yesterday and the old games play beautifully but new games are still sluggish. Also, as I've said before, graphics a pretty bad. I'm surprised at this because if WebGL is supposed to the new way to go it sure failed to live up to the standards that have been developed over time. It would be nice if AARP could give us some response as to what is going on and not ignore us. This is typical of computer geeks who always blame any problems with the computer on the user! (I know because I used to be in computer support and everyone complained about the other technicians they blamed every thing on the user.)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 918

Where did you find them? And did you find Freecell Solitaire? I really am very sorry to lose that game.

Kudos
Views
chj
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 918

I've tried some of the new games and they've seemed fine. I wonder if maybe some people who are having problems might be using older versions of their browsers, which may not work very well with Webgl. For people having trouble, it might be worth while checking to see if your browser is up to date. Before I get attacked for suggesting that, I'm only saying it's a possibility - I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate problems with the new games.

Also, AARP has really plummeted in my estimation because of the way they've ignored all the pleas and complaints about their new games. I know it's not the most important thing they do, but the way they've handled this reflects badly on the whole organization  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 918

The new solitaire games are terrible.I am very unhappy to lose Freecell Solitaire, I very much enjoyed that game and found it both relaxing and challenging. The new solitaire games do not even try to look like real playing cards, the design and colors are jarring, childish, ugly and not even close to be as interesting as the old Freecell Solitaire.

Does anyone know if there is there any way to find the Flash Freecell Solitaire somewhere on the web? I would gladly pay a subscription to be able to play it again. I really do miss being able to sit down for a short rest and play the Flash Freecell game. AARP has not at all placed a substitute for it, only taken it away.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 918

PLEASE keep Mahjongg Solitaire.  I don't think it uses FLASH.  It is really the only game I like on this site.  The new non flash games you have are not very fun or interesting.  Thank you for your consideration.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 918

You said that the NEW Pyramid Solitaire would be very similar, but it is absolutely nothing like the old one.   This was the one I played most often.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 918

Very disappointed I like games different games old ones I like the games but the new one think about the older people s eye getting tired so go back the regular games thanks 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 90 of 918

THE NEW FLIP OUT IS GARBAGE!! USELESS, UNPLAYABLE CRAP!!!

Kudos
Views