Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 41 of 918

Hello, @ASTRAEA. We’re reviewing all the feedback and suggestions on various games, including Spider Solitaire. In doing so, we’re evaluating which new game graphics need improvement and exploring options to do so with our games vendor. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to the Games forum.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 918

I have adopted Spider Solitaire to replace Deja vu.  First of all, it is so light...bluish letters on white with a white streak across the cards...I am likely to go blind from playing it.  Second of all, I DON'T WANT A TIME LIMIT.  I have been a member since 1985.  This is the only thing I use on the AARP site.  Can we get a version of Spider with no time limit?  Can the people who created it make it visible?

Thank you for your response,

Marti Morandi

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 918

I just sent an email to customer service - I didn't see this message stream.

I'm having serious trouble seeing the numbers on the new Spider Solitaire cards.  Visually, the whole thing is "spades."  KQJA are hard to see and the numbers require so much concentration that it makes the game unpleasant to play.  Can you redesign the graphics?  Darcy Williams

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

New Games Don't Work

Message 44 of 918

Ok, so AARP took away the games I loved.  No explanation of why, just that there would be new similar and/or better games.  Guess again.  The number of games are more limited, not as challenging, variations on a theme, and most frustrating of all, some that might actually interest me only come up with a black screen even when 100% loaded.  I use Apple Mac 10.12.6 and Chrome.  Never had this problem with the old games.  Any idea why AARP took them away?  Any idea how to make the new games work?  You would think after weeks of telling us to switch to the new games, they might make sure it is possible to use them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 918

Hi,

Samething has happened  to me on my samsung nook. But I have no problem with those games on my kindle. Why is that, because I bought that nook in April of this year. It's not an old model. I haven't tried it on my computer yet.

Good luck and if you figure it out, let me know. Kelley

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Games Not Affected

Message 46 of 918

The new version of solitaire spider will not load on imac with os x el capitan version   10.11.6.  I just get a blank screen. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 918

Mahjongg Dimensions, Dark Dimensions, Ancient Alchemy, and Toy Chest do not work on my computer (iMac 10.14.1 Mojave). After hitting the "Play now" button, i get a blank screen. I had played those games during the transition, but not none of them operate.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DIFFERENT SPIDER SOLITAIRE

Message 48 of 918

I tried a couple of free Spider Solitaire games online, and so far this is the best I've seen:

https://www.free-spider-solitaire.com

Once you're set up, look at the lower right of the pane, and you'll see a "More" link. If you click on that, you can change the look of the cards, sounds, and other settings, to get what you want. I just played out my first game, after fiddling around with the card style & other settings. I just wish the cards were a little more compressed horizontally, so it's easier to see all the columns. 

Good luck!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 918

@sonobaby, you might want to mention that to @chj; he's the one who thinks they're great, and wants me to start reading up on other browsers, to make my computer work better for AARP's games!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 918

I've tried the new games and the are terrible. I want to know how people are getting such high scores in pyramid solitaire. I played it for an hour and could get anywhere near those scores, maybe because they don't use an entire deck. The games may be easier for the website, but I'm going to have to go elsewhere to play games. These games just aren't doing it for me.

Kudos
Views