Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 441 of 918

I have really enjoyed playing the games, even if I had to allow flash every time.

I hope you will fine a way to keep a lot of the going.

Thank you.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 442 of 918

Yes I tried playing a few of your NEW games. The two I tried DO NOT work. Blackjack and Space something or other do not open. What good is the change if these games don't open? Might as well kept the old. At least you could play them. UGH Grrrrrrr

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 443 of 918

Hi GG,

If you think this newest version of Spider Solitaire is bad, you should have seen and played the version BEFORE THE ONE YOU LIKE.  It was super good and had the best graphics....when you won a game all the little spiderlings would run all over the screen, yikes!  It also required much more skill and was a REAL solitaire game.   Now they are changing my fave, Age of Alchemy Mahjongg, to one of cheap design and low aptitude mentality (already played some of the newer version).  You have my condolences.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 444 of 918

I agree with you, Mofarill and have also written a similar comment.   Glad I am not alone.  Hopefully, AARP will listen to our needs instead of some software salesperson.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 445 of 918

I am a past Devotee of Spider Solitaire and Age of Alchemy Mahjongg.  I am disheartened to hear that, once again, AARP is "improving" their games.    First Spider Solitaire was destroyed and replaced by a nonsensical game with such poor graphics, it looked like something an elementary kid in China made.    The original game had such good graphics and you actually needed to have some skill to play it.   Now you are doing the same to Age of Alchemy Mahjongg.   I just played your new version.   Once again, exchanged for really poor quality graphics and very unchallenging games.  A real disappointment.  I am a senior (isn't everyone in AARP?) and couldn't care less for faster speed and playing games on all my other devices.   My eyesight and thumbs are not good enough to play games on my cellphone.    You should keep in mind the age of your members when it comes to digitalization of your apps and games.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 446 of 918

I understand that Adobe is discontinuing Flash & appreciate that you are helping us transition to the newer technoloy. I am disappointed that you have already discontinued the original Mahjongg Dimensions, which is my favorite game. I don't like it's replacement... never have. Is there any way the origial game can be builtusing WebGL? I have other favorites that look like they're goung away. :-(

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 447 of 918

That's your story and you stick to it.  My money is on lesser quality graffics in the game space and unwanted, loud and distracting ads with quality graphics all over the place.   You have pulled the games I play already blocking my 'allow' button.  Gee guys, thanks!    

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 448 of 918

I respect the fact that updates and changes must be made, however when I looked at one of the new game formats ( Maj Jongg Dimensions  ), it appeared that the graphic shapes were smaller than the graphics presently shown in this game.  Since you are appealing to a senior audience, I would like to request that the size of shapes, characters, etc. remain at "least" as large as those presently shown/offered.

AARP games are not only enjoyable and challenging, but important mental exercises as we age and attempt to hold on to our memories!

Thank you,

B. Levine

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 449 of 918

Thanks. Not quite the one I want but I'll patronize them instead of AARP.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 450 of 918

several of the new games show as loaded but game does not launch--only get a black screen

Kudos
Views