Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 51 of 918

@ASTRAEA:  I agree with 95% of the people on these chat boards. The new games are absolutely awful. Just terrible. Especially FreeCell. I don't know why you would say otherwise unless you work for AARP.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
chj
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 918

@ASTRAEA-  sweet. Thanks. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 918

@chj - I gave you the benefit of the doubt before, in saying that I thought you were trying to be helpful. I guess I have to be more direct now; I'd like a response from AARP about this .. not you. The responses here seem to be 95% negative, many referring - as I did - to the replacement games not being as sharp (in focus) as the previous ones. I've tried a few other game websites, and the graphics are better than than Spider Solitaire on AARP, so it doesn't seem to be my computer setup.

As I've said times before when AARP's made changes to its website, it is the only website I've ever used, that expects users to confirm to their settings, instead of AARP designing for the various platforms users might have. 

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
chj
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 918

@ASTRAEA - I know you don't think I'm being helpful, but I have tried several of the new games that people are complaining about, including Spider Solitaire, and they've all been great. The graphics are crisp and strong and the games are fast and smooth. They are as good as, or better than, the old games. That's why i had said there may be issues with people's browsers rather than with the games themselves.

Here's an article about WebGL and browsers that may be helpful to some people:  https://www.soft8soft.com/webgl-supported-browsers-and-troubleshooting/

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 918

I have been communicating with the folks at Bubble Dragon through emails. So far they have advised me to turn off my "ADBlocker" which I did to no avail.  Then they told me to restart the computer which I had already done multiple times. 

:  "Arkadium Customer Support (Support)"<support@arkadiumsupport.zendesk.com

This is the most recent response I received (Nov 29, 2018): 

Arkadium Customer Support (Support)

Nov 29, 9:55 AM EST

Dear P Martin, thank you for contacting us.
Right now we are doing our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Thanks for playing,
Vladimir Chebanenko
Arkadium Support

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 918

@AARPLynne - I have posted this in several locations, but not gotten the courtesy of a response. I am only interested in Spider Solitaire, and the graphic quality of the replacement game is terrible. It is NOT sharp, making it difficult to watch for any length of time. Is AARP doing anything to find alternatives, because this is unacceptable. None of us want to ruin our eyesight on these poor quality games. It looks like 95% of the responses to the new games are negative!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 918

Many of your new games don't work....10 x 10, bubble dragon, landing party, etc, etc.  What gives.  Why remove somethings that work and replace with games that simply don't load or work at all?  Thx.  Nancy J

nanlee1623@gmail.com

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 918

Why can't I play some of the games?  After I hit play...I just get a black screen. Two of them are Bubble Dragons and Sweet Shuffle.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 918

@daniel4ever, thanks for helping @sashi54 with their question. That's correct, follow these steps to view and manage your subscriptions. Thanks for your contribution to the Games forum!

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to. 
    You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 918

Google 

Kudos
Views