If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New games won't load

Message 191 of 918

I am having the same problem with the same games.  Have you found any info for a fix

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
chj
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 192 of 918

The "thank you" isn't a reply to the comment. It's the end of the email you receive whenever someone posts a new comment. It's:

Hi (your user name) 

So-and-so has posted a new comment

Copy of comment

Thank you, AARP

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 193 of 918
TOTALLY agree with the "Thank you" reply which tells us nothing.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 194 of 918

My favorite game is Mahjongg Toy Chest and I'm so disappointed. The new version's colors are washed out and the graphics on the mahjong tiles are smaller and not as sharp as the current flash version. My vision is not impaired but if it was, I'd have a hard time seeing the tiles.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 195 of 918
The new and improved games are "new," but not 'improved." I shall try to find my favorite games elsewhere.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 196 of 918

I have elected to see e-mails about the members' reactions to changes. Most of these replies seem to indicate unhappiness, anger, or disappointment with the new selections. Please remember that those same emotions are signs of isolation. There are members who are either disabled or who do not have transportation to get about. Often these people rely on the computer games to pass the time and provide challenge and entertainment. Although AARP has now asked for feedback, there seems to be the status reply of:  "Thank you."  Why were members not given input? The selection of games seems childish and less challenging. The graphics are less than optimal. Many personal favorites are being discontinued, and the suggested game is nothing like the previous one.  I was also very disappointed when the Brain Games were taken away. 

I am displeased with the manner that all of this has been handled.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 197 of 918

I'm very disappointed in these changes, no more Crossword Easy, Typewriter and others. Why are you eliminating so many very popular word games?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Games Not Affected

Message 198 of 918

Not saying there are not a few fun games, but, I'm fairly certain there are  Match 3 Games that are a LOT more fun than most of the games we get. I know some folks wouldn't care for them,  just like I don't care for most of the originals or the new ones. Most are not "timed", but require some thought if winning is important to the player. Thank you for what you do to give us something to do that can be interesting AND fun.

Dan Rickerd 

DANR1939
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 199 of 918

I have Safari so why will I not have 3D  Mahjonng dimensions not going to be 

avalable after the 27Th? I made a contribution to aarp last month and am withholding 

another request for an additional one till I hear from you after the 27th.

brandywi4

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 200 of 918

I can adapt to playing different games, however my computer sounds like it it working hard. HIgh pitch, very loud - as if I have too many windows open and it is overworking and using RAM. Please advise if there is a solution. Thank you!

Kudos
Views