Looking for a part-time job? AARP's online career fair Jan. 24 can help! Register for free.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 291 of 920

I tried the new Solitaire Silver and it's a horrible game.  The numbers are big and blotchy and hard to read - all in all a very poor change.  The current game is clear, easy to read, realistic looking, and fun.  Please reconsider the change.  Thank you. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 292 of 920

I agree with zoey7.  Have same concerns as poster. Though, there is a "flag " on the games we are losing. They are mostly the ones I like too. Seems like the more "ahead" we go, the farther away >

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 293 of 920

Sadly, AARP keeps pushing to "try the new games" NOW and taking the Flash enable games away NOW even though Flash is supported until the END of 2020-- 2 YEARS FROM NOW. AARP SHOULD have allowed the old games to remain at least another year; this would have provided another year of development time to create replacement games that work.

The new games are awful. Slow, with cumbersome control needed to manueuver,  with a clunky, 1990s look and feel.

This is a MISS all around.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 294 of 920

Unfortunately, most "changes" (improvements?) to websites end up putting the users at a tremendous disadvantage. My experience is that popups of every kind keep the screen jumping out of control so it's hard to do anything! Yours is no exception. Also, I found myself inadvertently redirected to a site to help me decide about a Medicare plan--advice I don't happen to need or want. It took two or three clicks to find a way back to a game. The game I wanted to check out had disappeared. Trying to select another game left me hoping one would appear and stay on the screen long enough to try it out. Anyway, I'll probably check out another game site--if they haven't all gone over to the dark side! As an 82-year old senior (almost), I don't need more frustration added to my day. Thanks anyway.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 295 of 920

I've tried to open the new games on my Chromebook and all I am getting is a black screen.  They attempt to load (the swirling 3 dots) but then nothing.  What can be done to correct this?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 296 of 920

Thank you for your question, @gmhendershot. Please follow these steps to view and manage your subscrptions. 

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to. 
    You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 297 of 920

The new versions of the games are not visually friendly.  The change in the look of the card and dice and majong cubes is distracting.  I predict that I, as well as other subscribers,will not be playing these games as much. Take note AARP advertisers.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 298 of 920

I just want to give a big "thank you" to the lady who recommended HSN arcade.  This site is great!  It has most of our previous games that are being taken away from AARP and, I'm not sure how HSN is doing this, but you don't even have to sit through ads in order to play a game.  Every once in a while, an ad comes up, but so far, not to often.  The only thing missing is a good crossword but I go to Boatload.  Try HSN arcade - you'll love it!  I don't even access the AARP website anymore.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: unrecognizable cards

Message 299 of 920

I agree 100%. These cards are difficult because they all look the same.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 300 of 920

What app needs to be used for android devices? Is it available on Google Play?

Kudos
Views