Looking for a part-time job? AARP's online career fair Jan. 24 can help! Register for free.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 301 of 920

My favorite games are going: Outdraw, Mixology, Bumper Cards, and Carni Ball.  I tried a few new ones and found the graphics weren't good.  Since the games open in a small window on my computer, there are some games (pool games or golf) that I can't play.  Wish I could get them open in a full screen, but then I wouldn't see the ads.  I'm not impressed with the new selection.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 302 of 920

I've tried playing one of the new games and it works fine with no special software.  I play on my computer without issue.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 303 of 920

Not true, not yet - the games do not all work on all devices.

I like the Flash Jigsaw Intermediate.  I had tried the non-flash Jigsaw before on my iPad and it worked but it limits you to 8 minutes.  Some of the puzzles take longer than that, I don't want to be rushed all the time, this is supposed to be relaxing!  Maybe I don't care about the score.  And how are the jigsaws scored anyway when not everyone is doing the same puzzle?  And how can we all be on the same Leaderboard if some people do Easy and others do Normal or Hard?

The Jigsaw works on my desktop machine (Latest Firefox browser) but it is currently unplayable on my iPad through the AARP app.  This has got to be a bug.  The puzzle loads but the pieces won't move. I kept trying though, and from time to time, a piece would move.  I managed to match up a few pieces before the timer ran out.  The Pause button barely worked, and Resume was no problem, but Tips refused to do anything.  Quit worked but there's a confirmation, on which neither Yes nor No worked. "Close" and the back arrow have no problem.

There is no Reload in the iPad app version, please reword that notice about how to get a different puzzle.

And Mahjong Solitaire wouldn't go past the intro page - the Start button didn't work. 

I tried Great Games' Mahjong Dimensions (3 kinds) and I sort of liked them. The graphics were easy to see. Response was a bit slow but still doable.   Jigsaw there is just like the AARP one (Desktop) but there's no Leaderboard, which is my main reason to play. I thought maybe they would have the Flash version of Jigsaw Intermendiate but I didn't see it. 

I noticed my game ID number is different on the iPad (My Account page, in the app) than it is on the Desktop. I can't find anywhere to change it. How do folks have a sensible ID for that? Or maybe their names for Games are grandfathered in?

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

unrecognizable cards

Message 304 of 920

I wouldn't ave a problem with the replacement card games if I didn't have to spend so much time

just trying to figure out what the cards are. Why not use standard card format like those in those games using Flash. They look like a regular card deck are are readily recognizable.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 305 of 920

About Freecell.  I've been playing it for years and I like this old version quite well.  It's for Mac, but the page has links for other platforms.  Mine works fine on Sierra (10.12.6).  Download, unzip, and enjoy. 

https://download.cnet.com/Freecell/3000-18516_4-42190.html

Polly

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 306 of 920
Solitaire??? That's the Best You Guys can do? Really? So Sad. Such a Disappointment. No need to put this site on my list of things to do any longer. I've got my own deck of cards.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 307 of 920

My #1 game is Mahjong Toy Chest. The art on the new version is awful. Can't you at least increase the size of each figure? After all, you are marketing to older people!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 308 of 920

I'm disappointed that some of my favorite games seem to be leaving, but HEY! Flexibility is the sign of a healthy mind, right? LOL!

I am writing because I've tried the new game called Spellbound and there are 3 things I don't like about it: One is that I can't see what word I'm building AS I'M BUILDING IT...and don't see a list of the words I've already done AND it doesn't keep a record of my score. Does that get activated after Nov 27th or am I doing something wrong?

Heather

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Games Not Affected

Message 309 of 920

New games seem jumpy and very slow

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 310 of 920

I've tried some of the new games and they won't load or run on my computer.  Others aren't as interesting as the older Flash version.  Most of my favorites are missing..  Too many of the games are similiar.  There isn't much variety.  I've really enjoyed playing my favorite games, but probably won't be using site in the future.

Kudos
Views