Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 401 of 920

I have been playing the NEW nine ball and eight ball pool games. I like them more than the older version of Pool that you had. My problem is with the nine ball game. It has some bugs in it. The biggest problem is playing a whole set of games. I select the Hard setting and Five games. It seems that if I am not doing well it will let me play all five games. If I am doing very well, it will reset after either the third or fourth game which results in a lower score than I would have with all five games. This happens almost every time I select the five game setting. It also seems to let the computer hit the wrong ball and not count as a foul, which it does if I hit the wrong one. It does let me shoot, but does not foul. Also, if I happen to scratch on the last shot with the nine ball, the  ball disappears but it still says I have to shoot. It makes me do this without the ball being present until I accumulate three fouls and lose the game. Just some observations I hope can be corrected. I like the game, but get discouraged when I am not allowed to finish what I started.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 402 of 920

Flash technology is a BAD technology, harder to use than WebGL and Flash is insecure.  This change is beyond AARPs control. It is to the *benefit* of seniors as WebGL is easier to use and reduces security risk.

One of my disappointments with AARP games has been their use of Flash for games.  I prefer not to use it.

Thank you AARP for the upgrade which requires no new effort or money from your users.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 403 of 920

You don't need to do anything to get WebGL.  It is built into your browser, unless you have an old browser.

The only browser you are likely to have that does not support WebGL would be Internet Explorer version 10.  There are many reasons to update from that version. 

If you are on Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari, you are all set.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 404 of 920

I play Spider solitare, the new game is OK, BUT I do not like interupting the game because the bonus points are gone.  I do not care about the bonus points.

Thank you, Suzanne Lange

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Games Not Affected

Message 405 of 920
While I'm happy that there are so many games not going away, I didn't see EGGZ (contains sushi) going away. Can you do anything for that game?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 406 of 920
you are so right--also looking for a new game sight--what AARP is doing really,really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 407 of 920

agree totally--looking for a new gamesigh also--AARP you really messed up on this!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 408 of 920

You tell me my favorite game is discontinuing on November 27, yet I am unable to connect to it today November 3.  This is a poor way to run this.  I'm actually considering not even bothering.  Very annoying to say the least.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 409 of 920

I have been playing your games for many years and I must say ALL of your new games really, really stink.  Cards too bright--too big--all are just plain awful--can't you please find a way to keep the old eggs game?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess I'm just finished playin any of your games--It's really, really dissapointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 410 of 920
I agree
Kudos
Views