AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 391 of 918

This is not AARP issue; this is mandated by all the browser companies.

Here is an article from a trusted site: Why Adobe Flash is a Security Risk and Why Media Companies Still Use it

Again, not AARP issue; the provider, Arkadium, updated the games and my experience is they did a great job. Not 100% satisfied but okay with it...

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 392 of 918

Not to worry; as long as your computer, no matter brand, operating system (Windows or MAC) or version of OS, you should be fine (although I highly recommend upgrading anyone on W8 or lower as touch is so great).

The issue with Flash security is something being addressed (that started a couple of years ago). If your computer, laptop, tablet or phone currently connects to a game the change will be a new game; the change is web browser (doesn't matter which one) which will be secure.

hth

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 393 of 918

To ee72044284

Wow you are wrong on so many levels. Have you not been reading the hundreds of complaints??? Flash is not hard to use. It actually doesn't have to be changed over until 2020 according to AARP so I don't know why they are discontinuing it now. The "upgrade" does require "new effort" as the new games are not the same as the ones everyone's been playing. Most of us have already tried out the new games and don't like them. Thus all the comments. This is not an "upgrade" and a lot of people are discontinuing their subscription to AARP. Older people in particular don't like change - especially if it's not going to benefit them and make things more difficult. Have you not been reading the comments? Or do you work for AARP?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 394 of 918

Type Writer is my favorite game.   I would like that it continue among the available games. Is there any of the new games similar to Type Writer?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 395 of 918

The new version of Addictin Solitaire is (1) visually more difficult to work with and (2) doesn't follow the same rules as the earlier version.  Having tried both, I will not be playing the new version once you make the change permanent.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 396 of 918

The new game pieces are so small, hard to see!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 397 of 918

If it ain't broke why change it.  I too am elderly and love to play games on the AARP site.  Please if there is a change make it simple so us old folks can still get to play the games.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 398 of 918

I'm very disappointed that "my mah jongg"  game is being taken off.  I've played it for years, always enjoying it and trying to do better.  I tried the "new one" and don't like the slow response to the keys.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 399 of 918

I have been playing the NEW nine ball and eight ball pool games. I like them more than the older version of Pool that you had. My problem is with the nine ball game. It has some bugs in it. The biggest problem is playing a whole set of games. I select the Hard setting and Five games. It seems that if I am not doing well it will let me play all five games. If I am doing very well, it will reset after either the third or fourth game which results in a lower score than I would have with all five games. This happens almost every time I select the five game setting. It also seems to let the computer hit the wrong ball and not count as a foul, which it does if I hit the wrong one. It does let me shoot, but does not foul. Also, if I happen to scratch on the last shot with the nine ball, the  ball disappears but it still says I have to shoot. It makes me do this without the ball being present until I accumulate three fouls and lose the game. Just some observations I hope can be corrected. I like the game, but get discouraged when I am not allowed to finish what I started.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 400 of 918

Flash technology is a BAD technology, harder to use than WebGL and Flash is insecure.  This change is beyond AARPs control. It is to the *benefit* of seniors as WebGL is easier to use and reduces security risk.

One of my disappointments with AARP games has been their use of Flash for games.  I prefer not to use it.

Thank you AARP for the upgrade which requires no new effort or money from your users.

Kudos
Views