Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 471 of 918

you know, i sent in a complaint to the "help" email the chat person recommended. i have received no response to my concerns but i now have tons of messages coming to my email inbox. i'm gratified that so many people agree with me about the problems with the new games, but it is ridiculous to ignore my email and just dump me into a community chat without my permission. is anyone going to address all the issues we have encountered? and how do i get off this automatic email list?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 472 of 918

First, the Brain Games were taken away from people on "Fixed Incomes". Supposedly, AARP is a group who has the rights of Seniors at the forefront. I can't afford to pay for Brain Games.  Now you are changing the other games on your website. It would be of interest to know how you arrived at a list of favorite games. This is a site I would log into several times a day, because the games were not "flashing" in my face, and because the games were not of objectionable content. Many of my favorites are being discontinued. New games such as Bridge are much faster, bids are smaller to see, and the game even suggests to you what the opening card should be. That does not please me. Also some are based on a knowledge of poker and betting. I prefer the plain game of matching cards to score 21. The selection of new games Without Flash does not bother me as I know Adobe is being phased out, but the choice of games does. Finally, it is mentionned about being able to play games on our smart phones. This must be part of the Upper Class One Percent because I can only afford track phones.  Yes, the track phone has some games but that is not my intent for a phone. I use my phone for communication. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 473 of 918

For all those who like spider solitaire, you are not going to be satisfied with the replacement. The cards are ugly and difficult to read and there is no back button. I found this site, the cards are easier to read, there is a back button and it is free. https://www.free-spider-solitaire.com/

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 474 of 918

My version of the NEW Roll 5 is not working there is a black square on top of the blue game surface. So far the other games I've tried work fine Roll 5 is my favorite

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 475 of 918

Have tried a few of the new games but find them not well designed for seniors and that's supposed to be the audience on AARP. As examples, the dice in 5 Roll are small with small dots and while the spinning, bouncing dice are cute, they can be hard to follow for older eyes. Conversely, the blocks/dice in Mahjongg and Mahjongg Dark Dimensions are too large and the graphics on them are weird. The creators were likely young people with young eyes, but all the new games should have been tested by a panel of seniors. I haven't tried too many others, but I suspect my comments would be similar to these. Designers need to consider the audience.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 476 of 918

Discontinuing Flash Games is a sad affair, for more reasons than one. Being that my membership was motivated by Flash Games, I guess is time to look somewhere else for daily challenges. The new games are not as good so far, just childish games that indicates that at the end of the day, once the past Flash games are gone, which by the way I no longer see them, I no longer find AARP Games as good. Whine, whine, is what I seem to do best in these cases.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Reason why Flash is going away in 2020

Message 477 of 918

People may not understand what this is all about. The reason Flash is going away is because it is extremely susceptible to hacking. Many websites already do not allow it, and where I work, I cannot use Flash at all, for anything. So, AARP is actually trying to protect you.

If you are intertested, here is an article that is over a year old and might help you understand the issues.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/adobe-flash-player-how-to-delete-disa...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 478 of 918

It sure would be nice if you reinstated Pinochle card game.  It is a long time favorite of all military personnel and we retireds really enjoy it.  Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Your removed it in favor of Majong

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 479 of 918

I tried one of the new games. 40 Thieves. Hmmmm, when one clicks on "hint" it gives you goofy replies. Not always but if there are two options available it keeps taking you from one to the other and back and forth and it never goes beyond this. Kind of annoying. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 480 of 918

The new Bridge Game doesn't seem to work.

Kudos
Views