Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 501 of 920

I've always love and enjoyed the AARP games.  Many of the games I loved, Monkey Gems is one, do not show up on the new list of games.  Some of the new games are sadly not up to the graphics of the old Flash games.  Example, Mah Jongg, Age of Alchemy...the graphics are not up to the quality of the previous game and there is no longer a choice of views, the one they chose is flat and boring and difficult to play.  I'm not sure why Flash is no longer being supported, but it seems that at this stage of technology the games should be of better quality not worse.  I know the games are basically free, but it's sad to see these changes being made...most of the games that have been converted are poor substitutes for the originals.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 502 of 920

I just played the game Marjong  Toys.  The toys are so small a senior can go blind trying to find the toysl.  I didn't find that in the old toys game.  I hope this will be a wake up for your workers to make sure that these games are ok for seniors  also brind back Alchemy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 503 of 920

Somebody is listening to us.  I found a new Age of Alchemy on the list tonight.  I tried it, and it is slow to respond and changes with each round, but the last round I played did seem like the Age of Alchemy we have been playing.  Now if the response time can be improved, the new version will be okay.  

So now I hope somebody will give us the new version of Mom Jongg, too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 504 of 920

Your are taken the best game you had'

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 505 of 920

Sherrita, you have described the difference (and difficulty) with the graphics very well. Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 506 of 920
Clearly, a positioning statement written by marketing and approved by legal.
If you played the old games -- and try it's new counterpart, there's no comparison. The Flash-enabled games play better, are more sophisticated, are designed better and work better. They new games are like going back to "Pong" in the 1970s. Not well written, cumbersome, amateurish.
Flash won't be discontinued until 2020 -- why not have taken a few more months to develop games of the same caliber and style.
And yes, I agree with other posters that we're not all playing games on our smart phones.
Overall, very dissapointed.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Discontinuing Games

Message 507 of 920

Please find a new version of Spider Solitaire.  Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 508 of 920

I enjoy the typewriter game and the majhong solitare game.  I hope that you all would replace the word games here on AARP with other word games.  Thanks for the heads up

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 509 of 920

I've tried the eggz blast vs the old eggz.  I hope it's going to improve.  It's not as responsive and I don't think it's as fun for that reason.  The new eggz blast plays like an older game.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Discontinuing Games

Message 510 of 920

Too bad some of the best strategy games are going. But people can find them elsewhere on other sites. I have been transitioning alreay.

Kudos
Views