Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 501 of 918

Somebody is listening to us.  I found a new Age of Alchemy on the list tonight.  I tried it, and it is slow to respond and changes with each round, but the last round I played did seem like the Age of Alchemy we have been playing.  Now if the response time can be improved, the new version will be okay.  

So now I hope somebody will give us the new version of Mom Jongg, too.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 502 of 918

Your are taken the best game you had'

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 503 of 918

Sherrita, you have described the difference (and difficulty) with the graphics very well. Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 504 of 918
Clearly, a positioning statement written by marketing and approved by legal.
If you played the old games -- and try it's new counterpart, there's no comparison. The Flash-enabled games play better, are more sophisticated, are designed better and work better. They new games are like going back to "Pong" in the 1970s. Not well written, cumbersome, amateurish.
Flash won't be discontinued until 2020 -- why not have taken a few more months to develop games of the same caliber and style.
And yes, I agree with other posters that we're not all playing games on our smart phones.
Overall, very dissapointed.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Discontinuing Games

Message 505 of 918

Please find a new version of Spider Solitaire.  Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 506 of 918

I enjoy the typewriter game and the majhong solitare game.  I hope that you all would replace the word games here on AARP with other word games.  Thanks for the heads up

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 507 of 918

I've tried the eggz blast vs the old eggz.  I hope it's going to improve.  It's not as responsive and I don't think it's as fun for that reason.  The new eggz blast plays like an older game.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Discontinuing Games

Message 508 of 918

Too bad some of the best strategy games are going. But people can find them elsewhere on other sites. I have been transitioning alreay.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 509 of 918

Golly - I detest the way the new version of freecell solitaire plays. It is very clunky and not at all fun like the expiring version is. Guess I will need to find somewhere else to play it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 510 of 918

I want to add my voice to the thousands of others who really dislike the graphics on the new mahjongg games.  Specifically, I love to play Mahjongg Dark Dimensions, but only the "Classic" version.  This is because of the brightly colored tiles with the recognizable graphics on the tiles.  The new games have pallid, thin little graphics on each block, with too much white space behind them, that make each one boring and hard to differentiate.  And that simple lack of color ruins the game...similar to the older version's "Arabian Nights" or Runestones" versions.  Those tiles are pale and no fun to match and get very boring very quickly.  Why were the original Candy Crush and Bejewelled games so wildly popular?  Because of bright colors, easy to differentiate tiles with colors that stimulated our brains! 

If you're going to take away some of the most beloved games that drive traffic to your website, please, PLEASE, PLEASE design them so that we have some fun playing them!!  These new versions are slower, shakier, and feel ragged in their design.  I really love the variety on AARP with my coffee in the morning--a political article, then a fast-moving, smooth game of Mahjongg, then a crossword, then something on retirement or health.  Please don't force me to find a new favorite website. 

Sherri in Wenatchee

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera