You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 551 of 918

I'm with all the others who commented on Mahjongg Dimensions. I really dislike the replacement one!  I will miss not having my old scores to try to improve them.  I agree with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Keep the old version until Flash actually disappears.

The game designers don't seem to realize that change is not so easy as we get older.  Hard enough to adjust to it in daily life, but we ought to be able to keep our favorite games!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 552 of 918

I so completely agree. It would be so nice if we can get a step by step of what we need to do to play the new games. I have an old computer, and HD games just don't make it on my computer. My eyesight isn't good enough to play on my phone - which is hard for me to see - and still don't like touch screens.

Sorry it is getting so difficult to just play a few simple crosswords and solitare on older computers.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 553 of 918

VERY, VERY, VERY VERY VERY disappointed in the "new" Spider Solitaire. I will say good-bye forever--right now.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 554 of 918

I enjoy the games very much. However I do not suffer from rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes, but before EVERY game I have to watch a message about embrel, humira and other drugs. What about living the decision to doctors who are professionals about my best medicine?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 555 of 918

To the creators ofd the new MAHJONGG TOY CHEST game. This new version is a poorly conceived replacement for the original game. The tiles are all to similar in shapes, design patterns and colors and it makes it vewry difficult to identify the matches. The music also in monotoned and very dull. Please remake this game and design it based on it's original platform.  The new version is not usable in it's current form. Very disapointing!   Zero Star Rating out of 5 stars!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 556 of 918

It seems the vast majority of us are unhappy to lose our favorite games.   I play four games, three of which updated some time ago and are okay.  My favorite is disappearing, Deja Solitare.  It is no where to be found on the other site mentioned early in this discussion but others are, at least until the inevitable expiration of Flash.    

My suggestion is to delay the deletion of the old games until the 2020 deadline, giving folks time to find replacements and for improvement of the new games.   A common problem for a lot of us is that we need games that are easy to see.  That should be an objective in choosing replacement games.  

I belong to AARP because of its advocacy for seniors, not the games, so my disappointment will not cause me to stop being a member.  It just gives me one less thing to enjoy about my membership.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 557 of 918

I'm going to miss beach sudoku Smiley Sad Other sudoku games are ok, but this one was colorful with animated characters. I LOVE the beach, that's why I keep playing this game. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 558 of 918

I tried the new Spider Solitaire game and found the cards very hard to recognize the way they are displayed, slows you down.... very bad design

https://games.aarp.org/games/spider-solitaire-new

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 559 of 918

Hate the deleting of all my favorite games!!!  I play on Mahjjong regular, solitare regular and crossword easy and crossword hard. If theses go so will my subscription to AARP!!!!!

Bonnie Holmes

Member since I was 5o and am now 74

Not Happy!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 560 of 918

Looks like Nov. 27 came early.  Tried playing the "Soon To Expire" Mahjong Dimensions, and keep getting that worthless new version.  I guess Santa will be here in a day or two, maybe he could bring a calendar. 

Kudos
Views