With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 681 of 918

Sadly the two substitutes for Pryamid Solitaire and Crossword Puzzle Online do not match what they are replacing. Like everything else for us seniors they are inferior to what we now have. I expect better from AARP.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 682 of 918

One of the new games, Mahjong Solitaire and others NOT working

Gray background appearso n smoe and green bordered smaller items... nothing discernable ..

Using Windows 10 x64

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 683 of 918

I've tried out the new versions of the games that I play -- Free Cell, Jigsaw, and Pyramid Solitaire -- and I find them to be ugly, clunky, and, in the case of the playing cards, hard to read. I guess that I will be discontinuing these games when you switch over. Too bad -- I use them as a time filler when I am waiting for water to boil or as a break before embarking on the day. But there is a positive: I will waste less time, I can always get out a deck of real cards or read my book. And I won't have to face all those awful ads anymore. Time to move on.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games tried the new Majong

Message 684 of 918

tried the new Maj and found it hard to see the caracters on the tiles. Remember we are older and don't see as well as wer would like.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 685 of 918

Why r they doing this?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 686 of 918

I couldn't agree more with what Zoey7 has stated so well. Someone in AARP is viewing discontinuing Flash-based games from a much younger person's perspective! Lots of Seniors, myself included, don't have fancy & expensive smart phones or tablets. We have desktop computers we've had for years that run Windows 7.

Further, please take note that at the time of my writing, there are only 35 kudos out of 28490 views of AARP's management explanation of why Flash games are being discontinued. That's dramatically below even 1% of folks thinking this move is a good idea. Why in the name of common sense would AARP do something that resonantes with such a microscopically small percentage of people???? Please consider waiting at least until Dec. 31, 2020, when you say Adobe will no longer support its Flash product. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 687 of 918

Who created the graphics for these new games? I've tried a few and they all look like they were created by a 3 year old. Can't you use the old graphics with WebGL or has the entire digital world gone to satisfying children?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 688 of 918

The "new and improved" jigsaw is disappointing in many ways. The jigsaw hard was a big part of my mornings. I was hoping for new pictures but never dreamed you would discontinue it. I am very unhappy with you.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: New Toy Chest

Message 689 of 918

Hello, @sk9527. Thank you for reporting this issue. We made a repair to the game and it's now working: https://games.aarp.org/games/spellbound-new. You will need to clear your cache. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 690 of 918

Well, if I needed some incentive to 'push back' and away from playing so many games on my computer I think your big change plan will do it. I've tried a couple of the new games and No Thank You.

Kudos
Views