Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 731 of 918

Two games I play consistently--Deja Vu Solitaire and Mom Jongg.  Are there going to be replacement games that are similar to those two games?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Games

Message 732 of 918

Do  I have to download WebGL

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Discontinuing Games

Message 733 of 918

If you would have explained it in plain English, maybe more seniors would have understood that there won't be much change at all, and what little change there will be most likely will improve their games.  Flash has been nothing but a pain for several years, keeping me from being able to play several games that I loved.  Every time I try to play a game here on the AARP site, I get interrupted saying that Flash has crashed, or it needed to be updated.  Finally getting rid of it is a  dream come true.  Hopefully, all the other game sites will follow in suit.

Thank you very much for finally fixing the Flash problem.

Leanora Cunningham, Faithful game player

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 734 of 918

Are you sure the switch over date isn't October 28, 2018?  I can no longer access Flash or Yarnz.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 735 of 918

THANK YOU!

I could not understand why some games were so glitchy and it was driving me nuts! This explains it.

I am sorry to see Bryx go, it was one of my favorite games until it started freezing on me. I am hoping one of the new games will be as good.

Just curious, instead of having to refer to the list, is there a way for you to indicate which games are WebGL and which are Flash? If not, not to worry, I'll certainly figure it out on November 27th, lol! And, I'll be sure to use up all my cookies on Ice Cream Blast before it goes away.

And to all those who are grousing about losing games that help you keep your brain active and engaged I'd like to remind you that one of the best ways to keep your brain engaged is by learning new things, so this is an excellent opportunity for some of you to take advantage of that opportunity. It may be difficult and make your head hurt during the learning process, but the exhilaration when you figure it out is priceless!!!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 736 of 918

@k932801s  Ditto on the Mom Mahjongg and the Age of Alchemy.  Like you, I will especially miss those two.  Perhaps they will bring them back later.  We can always hope.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 737 of 918

I appreciate the heads up on the changes in Flash.  Yes, you are right, Flash has been slowly going away.  However, a couple of games I do not see on your listing are Easy Crossword, Mahjongg: Mom Jongg and Mahjongg Age of Alchemy.  These are some of my favorite games.  Is there a chance they will be eventually included? Also, please give some easy rules for backgammon. I am not sure on scoring etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 738 of 918
Don't be afraid! AARP has been slow to phase out a technology that is as outdated as 8-track tapes. Flash will not be available ANYWHERE by December 2020. It started phasing out nearly eight years ago. If you've bought new hardware since then, and I am willing to bet that you are with the vast majority and have, you won't notice a change except for the better.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 739 of 918

So sad that Picture Pieces is going away. My favorite game, it is both challenging and meaningful. I do not see any counterpart in the new games.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 740 of 918

Thank you for being proactive! I was concerned about the situation with Flash, as I enjoy the games here and feel they are a great way to get some mental exercise. I've read through several comments and see that some people are upset with AARP. They do not understand that Flash is going to disappear all together, and the games will, too. I checked the list of games that will be continued (all I had to do was click on the highlighted text in your message), and see that my favorites will still be available. I think everyone should be happy with how you have adjusted to the coming change. We Baby Boomers can still get our "fix"!

Kudos
Views