From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Upcoming Changes to AARP Games

Message 881 of 918

Will we need to load anything to run WebGL games?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 882 of 918

Such a huge disappointment Cat Sad

In order to use the webGL will we have to download new software to our computers in order to play the newer game versions?

Please keep in mind as well, AARP, many of we seniors are NOT familiar with the newer mode of 'gaming' and have a comfort level with the games that we've been playing here for years! As well, I'm guessing, many of us do NOT play games on our 'smart' phones having the more basic smart phones as we don't need all of the newer components offered.  Heck, the phones with it 'all' are just too darn expensive anyway.

That's it from me for now. Sure hope that you'll read what I've posted and take some of my suggestions into account.

Thanks,

Catherine

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 883 of 918

Why can't you leave it the way it is.I like playing the games.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 884 of 918

I use a Mac Book Pro, version 10.3.6 . Will your new games be compatable with my computer? Sallie Darling.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 885 of 918

Thanx a lot for asking for our input before making dramatic changes....  I will be canceling my membership.once I figure out how.....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 886 of 918

That's right, @ruby0! WebGL technology is more secure than Flash, and all of the new games will be available on all browsers and devices. We hope you enjoy the new experience!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Discontinuing Games

Message 887 of 918

My Apple sometimes gets stuck inthe middle of these changes.  Will this apply here?

Jo-Ann

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 888 of 918

Will I have to do anything?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 889 of 918

Are we going to have to install software or buy "something" to play these new games? Old ones were fine and loads of fun for us older fans.. but guess you want new and improved for the younger generation.. Sorry to see them go

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 890 of 918

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, for making chances that offer games that do not use Flash.  For sometime I have been very limited in what games I can play on AARP , and it has become quite boring.  Flash is not secure and there have been many warnings in the industry advising people to never use flash.  So, thank you again!!!!!

Kudos
Views