Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led To Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Conversationalist

Re: Tri Peaks Solitaire issues with the scoring

Message 1 of 14

Hi Carolyn. Thank you for taking the time to reply. As you have noted it is very taxing and emotional to make the preparantions for your husbands cremation and pack up to move. So I was pleased to see your reply.

I am glad you liked that quote. I don't know where I first read that but I kept it and have used it because those words spoke to me too.

Wow, what a great story though about you and your husband! High school sweethearts and then meet again later in life. That is very cool. It's nice to hear stories like this. It is possible to find love later in life. I guess there might be hope for me still haha.

I've been divorced since.....yikes 1990! I guess I kept busy with my work and my girls. I have 3 adult daughters and now 9 grand children. The tenth will be arriving in July. I used to date a lot. I even got engaged again years ago. But found out she was seeing someone on the sly. Well you can't pull the wool over my eyes. You can't trick me....but I believe that crosses the line! Haha. Got rid of her but not the heartache for a long time.

So anyway I have focused much of my time and efforts with my kids and grand kids. I think I said I recently had a birthday and turned 65. I retired 2 years ago. Best decision of my life. I live very close to 2 of my girls and the third one is only about 30 miles away so I get to see them and the grandkids quite often. My ex also only lives a few miles away. I see her at least twice a week as she watches some of the grand kids a couple of days and I drive and pick up a couple of them for school. But at least my ex and I can be civil to each other and enjoy the grand kids. I don't think I'll be having her and husband over for dinner or anything but it's cool that we can get along.

Thank you for the compliment saying I seem like a kind and gentle person. You may wish to consult with my ex on that one haha. Just teasing. I am a gentleman but most people know me as a fun and outgoing goofball lol. I have a moustache so my grand kids call me Grandpa Moustache. I'm not sure which one started it but I think it's cute and I embrace it.

Sorry I am going on here like a goofball. My condolences again for your loss. I think your story of meeting your long lost love once again and finding happiness is amazing. I am sure God has many more blessings in store for you. Blessings of strength and peace to you and your family. I hope all goes well with the preparations for your husbands cremation and your move too.

Hope to see you in the AARP games again sometime.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 14

It's very hard to take care of the business side of death. I am making some progress and I hope to have things almost together by the time my daughter leaves on Saturday. There is so much to do, not to mention packing for a move and donating items to churches with thrift stores and also a Hospice Resale Store.

His arrangement were hard. Cremation was his choice. FL laws are really different, or at least Pinellas County's are. There is a long list of things that has to be done. Most is complete, I think, except I am waiting on a call to pick him up. The thought you left for me is beautiful.

Everyone has been very kind to me and it has helped in this very sad time in my life. We were high school sweethearts but did not reconnect until 13 years ago. We were married for 11 years and 11 days. Did our thing in Vegas! Lots of fun times there. I have a lot of memories with, as we were high school sweethearts.

I had to put all of this in God's hands because He knew the plan the had for my husband. I miss him very much, but I am strong and I will survive with God's help and the help of my friends and family.

Thank you, Gary. Nice to meet you on line. You sound like a very kind and gentle person.

Carolyn Eisenman 

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 14

While dealing with the death of a loved one is invariably difficult it is comforting to have other family members there to be a support. I am pleased to hear you daughters will be there with you.

I can't imagine having to go through the loss of a spouse. The grieving and emotional stress of it but then be expected to make all the necessary  arrangements. I'm sure God is blessing you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

It must be difficult to move at this point in your life. But you will most likely be glad you did. You will have the closeness, the love and support of your daughters and their families too.

I understand that I don't really "know" you but I am glad to meet you online. I am glad you felt like you could share with me. I would like to leave you with one thought considering what you are going through right now.

"We begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget."   Author Unknown

I hope Heavenly Father blesses you with the peace and the strength you need to see your way through this. Blessings to you....

Gary Eccles

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 14

Thank you so much for your kind words, Gary. One of my daughters is here with me now and another one is coming on Sunday. As you can imagine, I have been very busy over the past few days taking care of things which needed to be done. I have my moments during the day, but my nights are worse. He was very sick the last couple of months of his life. I know he is in a better place and no longer suffering. Will be moving from my current location, back closer to my children and family. Hard to leave my good friends here. Everyone has been wonderful to me, but it is for the best. Thank you once again.

Carolyn

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 14

Hi Carolyn. I am really sad to hear about the passing of your husband. There are no words sufficient to describe how hard it must be to lose a spouse. Myself I have never lost a spouse. I was divorced many years ago. I lost my mother at a young age for her. She was 63 when she passed.

I hope you have family near by to love and support you through this difficult time. Hoping your have many fond memories of your husband that will live with your for a long time.

I would have responed earlier but I have been locked out of the online community and my ability to read and reply to messages. Well yours is the only message I have had but I was unable to respond. I kept getting kicked out and asked to sign in again. And again. And again. I couldn't get any help online. I wrote them two messages about it and no replies. Then I called today and had to go through at least 3 different agents to get to someone who could help me. Then after spending half an hour with her she told me she would have to forward my problem to someone else and I could expect a reply or a fix in 5 to 7 days! What?! I tried to not lose my cool and just thanked her for trying to help. Just a few moments ago I decided to try again and was able to log on. Wooo hooo for me.

So again let me say I am sorry to hear of this difficult time for you losing your husband. I pray for your to be comforted in your time of need. Blessings to you...

Gary

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 14
Gary, I never could figure out how to do the private message thing. I wanted to let you know he passed Sunday morning at 2:06. Thank you for you kind thoughts and prayers.

Carolyn
Conversationalist

Message 7 of 14

Hi Carolyn. NIce to hear from you but I'm so sorry to hear the bad news with your husband so ill. I just sent you a private message as I didn't want to post a public message with the information about your husband being so ill.

I just learned how to send a private message on here so I hope you can access my message and read it. God bless you...

Gary

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 14

Hi Gary,

Maybe they will get this problem worked out. I certainly hope so.

Not able to play much, if any, these days. My husband is in ICU in critical condition with pneumonia. It doesn't look very promising for a recovery. He is a retired Marine with 30 years of service. Please, if you pray, please pray for him. He needs all of the prayers he can get.

I see it is your birthday week, so Happy Birthday and wishing you many more.

Carolyn E.

Community Manager

Message 9 of 14

Hello, @g287693e, thank you for posting in the AARP Online Community and taking the time to provide great detail about the issues you've encountered with Tri Peaks. I'm sorry that the issue hasn't already been resolved. I've gathered all the information you've provided here and have escalated to the product team for resolution. I'll return to this thread with any updates that can be shared along the way. Thank you for being so patient and understanding. And, Gary, we hope you have a very Happy Birthday this week!

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 14

Hi Carolyn.Yes the games are fun. I really enjoy this version of Tri Peaks. The older one has the cards so small and the game is kind of choppy for me. I don't enjoy that one much. I've been a member of AARP for at least two years now. I retired last year and turn the big 65 next week. Wow! How did we get old so fast?

I would think that when people are cheating and I call what is going on cheating, that it must be breaking some of the terms of service that AARP had outlined somewhere in the details. I just hate cheaters. What fun is it for someone to cheat at playing a game? I don't get it. It does ruin the game for me. You have a great high score. I think my best is 56,000. Some nights I can't get much of any score though. You can be smart at the game and use good judgement but if you don't get good cards it's tough to score very high. I am due for a good game soon. I hope, hahaha.

I looked and saw you are at least on the top 10 score board. I can't get anything over about 32,000 today. But there's still time. I will probably play some more tonight. Good to hear from you. And good luck getting a new high score.

Gary