Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The Games: not permitting scores to be kept

Message 1 of 13

I'm with you on that. Why pay to renew when what we want on the site is either not given or it's taken away. FLASH is still very popular on the other game sites INCLUDING the Arkadium game site where MOST of the games on AARP are on Arkadium. Google Arkadium games and play there. WHAT is AARP good for??? MOST post are years old and very few people or none at all respond. AARP community forums need a serious overhaul, better organization, and at least come close to FACEBOOK on organization skills. We don't come to AARP for free. We pay annual membership dues to belong here. I'm confused on what's going down with AARP. Who operates it anyway????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13
AMEN to that! What is happening to AARP???? Anybody know??? It's not the same at all.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

I'm not happy with the new games at all. I go to PCH.com to play games. I go to free arcade (google them) to play Treasure Hunt. WHY AARP got rid of ARCADE makes no sense. Not sure if I'll renew my AARP because the games pretty much made the site worth coming to. The group forums are so mixed up and hard to follow. Needs some serious organization done to the forums. It's not an easy place to connect like I thought it would be. Just breaks my heart I can't come to the site and play the ARCADE games. Smiley Sad

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13
I really do NOT like the AARP games anymore. I go to PCH.com or pch games (the unsecure site if PCH) because all of their games are like the old Arcade games, so I play the games there. What a disservice to AARP game playing members to have been given the crappy games we have now. So disappointing! :/
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

Hello @am306, thank you for posting in the Online Community. I've reported the issue you described with Sport Fishing to the product team. Always feel free to reach out to us via member@aarp.org or call our toll-free number at 1-888-687-2277. Thanks again!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Oooops... I forgot to put @AARPLynne, on my previous post, {another member suggested doing this, as she is very helpful}. Thank you!

The SPORT FISHING game shows my all time high score, which is correct. However; it has reset my equipment levels to the beginning, this is not correct. It is requiring me to work through all the equipment levels again. I acquired all the equipment long time ago. Please help so I don't have to go back to square one again. Thank you so much for your help.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

The SPORT FISHING game shows my all time high score, which is correct. However; it has reset my equipment levels to the beginning, this is not correct. It is requiring me to work through all the equipment levels again. I acquired all the equipment long time ago. Please help so I don't have to go back to square one again. Thank you so much for your help.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

I usually only play Strategy (Treasure Hunt game), all the MahJohgg games and one Arcade game (5 Roll). As of tonight, they are still not keeping score, pages freeze, always have to refresh each page to move forward, and no points are added to my original points. Thanks for your continued efforts to get the game back up and running.  Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Hello, @r447879w, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated this to the product team to see if they can help. Will you let me know which games you're having problems with? Thanks for participating in the AARP Online Community!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

I play only one game, daily, Intermediate Jigsaw.  I've had problems before, which would come and go. The ad and therefore the game wouldn't load!  I may have to wait an hour, or overnight, I couldn't tell when the puzzle would show up, then it would sit and run the clock until I noticed it, thus ruining my score. Sometimes Firefox would do this but not Safari, other times both browsers would show the black square with a circling white "comet".  I was on Mac, El Captitan, at the time.

When I updated to Sierra, the game behaved, (Yay!) until a few days ago.  Now, when I finish the puzzle, and click "OK" to see my score, I see a black square instead.  I can toggle ScreenShots and Leaderboard to see if I am on the leaderboard, and I can refresh the screen back to where it says "Play" to see my top score of the day.  But If I'm playing the 2nd time and didn't surpass my top score, I'm out of luck, I have no idea what my score was for that game. 

I just updated Flash in case that would help but it didn't.  Safari does the exact same thing!  I hope this behavior is put right soon.

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views