Community Manager
Community Manager

Tell us your favorite video games from the 80s

Back in the 80s, did you play video games at home or in the arcade? Which game(s) were your favorites and why?

Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

My favorite game was Pac Man. I would play for hours.

Super Contributor

I never got into video games, just isn't something I am interested in.

Shari
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Pac Man, for sure! Used to play all the time after school at the local pizza place. Lots of babysitting money spent there, lol. Our favorite beach arcade has one of these -- giant 4-person Pac Man. We can't walk by without stopping in to play. So much fun!

giant pac man.png

Gold Conversationalist

Video games were nonexistent when I was growing up.  I was more into poker and blackjack.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Was never much into video games.  Pinball was more like it.   Shuffleboard or maybe darts.

Pretty pathetic, I know.

Contributor

My father bought a couple of full sized pinball machines and we would play for hours, since we could open it up and just pull the quarters we had already put in it!  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

What was a favorite table that you played? I really enjoyed pinball too. One of my favorites was Fireball but the first table that I rolled over was one called Boomerang. Shufflepuck games weren't as common but that was fun too and I'd forgotten how fun darts were to play but I'd had dart boards long before video games. I don't think you're memories pathetic at all.  😊

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
Contributor

TETRIS!!  I would spend hours playing.  

A family friend had an ATARI system and her sons would let us play Donkey Kong on it when ever were were over there.  

We had an Intellivision Console at home and my younger sister and I would play Dungeons & Dragons.

Silver Conversationalist

The Legend Of Zelda - It was just this huge world full of surprises and many mini-quests to complete. It was my all time favorite!

Megaman 2 - It just was so brightly colored and it played so well. Great gamepad response and a real challenge.

Blaster Master - I never beat this one, it's hard! But the concept and the bosses made it a favorite anyway. Once I got to Level 3 I'd usually used up all 3 of my continues so it was Game Over. I did try the other levels using a Game Genie and unlimited continues along with level skipping but this game is HARD!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.