Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Tell us why you think Jeopardy!® is the best game of all time.

Message 41 of 47

Thanks for your informative post @wilful! I'll be sure to watch the special next week (that's some impressive prize money!). I agree with what you say about calling out a correct answer, it's such a good feeling!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 47

It appears that we are on different pages here.  I read the opening thread to be referring to the tv show Jeopardy (and responded in kind).  Earthmom read it as asking about the AARP online Jeopardy game.  She, likewise responded in kind.  

No right or wrong issue here; just a clarification.  Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 47

Jeopardy is a very inspirational Game It makes you think very Intelligent and makes your mind think positive and boost your smartness too a higher level my name Is Latanya I am 36 years old I am a young AARPmember❤️

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 47

Good morning @EarthMother234 and thank you for your interest in Jeopardy!® for AARP. This is a web-based application, optimized for some of the most common and current web browsers. You may find it helpful to update (or verify) that you are using the most current version of your browser. Here's an AARP knowledge-base article on how to do so: How do I update my browser? Please let me know if this helps. Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 47

Unable to click the jeoparty "buttons"...I got all the stupid answers, easily, but given I couldn't enter them, I lost points on several answers.  No point in playing a game that is rigged so that ordinary people lose.  Just sos you all knows...the current game "masters" are just not that; they are incompetent and have really ruined games that I loved...only reason I  kept my AARP membership...well that and the life insurance that I found out after years of membership would automatically be terminated if I chose to resign.  That was NOT an advertised fact and I've been paying for at least 22 years now, so I'm not about to just give that money to AARP.  I am a disabled Senior citizen with ONLY SSI to struggle for survival with.  You all really don't treat us very well, you know that?  I think ALL of your employees should be senior citizens AND POOR senior citizens at that.  Many of us are former members of MENSA...means we're real bright, boys and girls.  Just too trusting of  corporate AmeriKa.  We are learning tho, we are learning.  I could probably do your whole "jeopardy tournament in twenty minutes if it would register...AND possibly win the **bleep** thing.  We're a lot smarter than you are or think we are,kids.

ps this page is jumping all over the place with NO assistance from me.  And, oh yah, I'm going to challenge you every time you mistreat us or try to trick us.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 47

Well Lynne, I can't say Jeopardy is the B.O.A.T., cause I haven't seen most of the others - but I have watched it for a very long time and have always enjoyed it.

As I'm sure many other viewers do - I call the answers out loud.  I'm especially tickled when none of the contestants know the answer - but I do!!

ABC had a one hour special on about a week ago that covered the history  of the show and included an interview with Alex about his personal life and his cancer.  It was interesting and well presented.

At present, in addition to the regular one half hour show - ABC is running a separate special Jeopardy G.O.A. T. (Greatest Of All Time) Tournament.  It features just three contestants.  The are ones who hold separate all-time records.  Here - thanks to Wikipedia are their qualifications:

Jennings holds the record for the longest winning streak on Jeopardy! with 74 wins and is the highest-earning contestant in regular-play (non-tournament) winnings, Rutter is the highest-earning contestant (including tournaments) on the show with a total over $4.6 million, and Holzhauer holds the top 16 single-game records for winnings. The three players have won a combined $10.7 million during their runs on the show.[1] The contestants compete in a series of matches and the first to win three is crowned the winner.

So - there it is:  The first to win three matches gets the GOAT title And - One Million Dollars!!!

Next episode is next Tuesday.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tell us why you think Jeopardy!® is the best game of all time.

Message 47 of 47

Many of today’s fans of the popular TV quiz show "Jeopardy!®" might not realize that the show started back in the 60s.

Tell us, what do you like most about "Jeopardy!®"?

Do you play along as an armchair contestant? Enjoy the suspense of “Final Jeopardy!®"? Tune in as part of your nightly routine? What categories do you always ace … and which gives you a knot in your stomach when they come up?   

Join the discussion! To play along simply post a reply below! (Remember to show appreciation to your fellow enthusiasts and give ‘em a Kudos!)

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE