Periodic Contributor

Sudoku scoring

For at least the first two levels, getting to the solution in Sudoku means nothing as far as competition is concerned. Everyone's high scores are all listed as 100. This is one game that needs a timer. It should at least be optional.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The sudoku that scores by 100 is scored by best time.  Again if you want your name up there, just solve it, or let the computer solve it, write the numbers down, erase the history then log in and solve it quickly.  Your name will be up for that day.  Or don’t solve it quickly and you know you’re really good at it without cheating.  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Toally agree.  Or have no scoreboard at all.   Since there is no way to see how you are doing against the other players.  It' d be so helpful even to know you're one of a pack of #11s or #12s or whatever.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is timer you talked about, but the Sudoku page has this timer:

Menu/Options/More/ "Show Timer"

But I agree with you about some type of different scoring. The list of Sudoku Top Scorers is all 100. I've hit 100 lots of times over the months, but I've never seen my name there.

Cynthia

0 Kudos
Contributor

My guess is that those on the leaderboard did their 100% in less than 4 minutes.  If that is the case, they need to show the time in order for us to compare our score!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg