Periodic Contributor

Scramble Words weirdness

Can't believe that "sex" is not recognized as a word. And thanks to Scramble Words, I now know that "ser" is a unit of weight in India, which I'm still trying to work into a conversation here in the U.S. Anyone else find other weirdness?  

0 Kudos
Contributor

And yet sexist is accepted. This game is weird. I have to type the same words over and over until enough blocks on the gameboard are filled. This game is loopy to say the least.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good Morning,

Thanks for the feedback.

I totally agree with you about weird words. My husband and I play wordament and wow the words. I started writing them down I stopped at 3 full pages.

I learned a lot of different words I used to read the dictionary every day and then I would write the words 10x's each.

For a lot of years now none of my family will play any word games with me. So that's why I play on the computer.(lol).

Have a great day and thanks again

Lauren

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I was hoping to find more examples of Scramble accepting weird words and rejecting perfectly good words. Debating the scoring system or unusually high scores is a topic, I think, for another thread. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am at a loss to figure out how the scores are recorded. Sometimes I have entered the same word three times before it is recognized on the word board. This is one, very frustrating game that I think I will be dropping as I investigate others.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Yep. The cheater/hacker scores that show up from time to time. If you check this weeks high scores, there is a 272,350 and a 226,862 posted. You and I both know that any score above 70,000 is completely bogus.

Periodic Contributor

Good morning

Thank You for the reply,I believethat to be true about the bogus scores  but how and why do they do it? 

Have a nice Sunday,and thanks again

Lauren

0 Kudos