Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: SCRAMBLE WORD GAME

Message 11 of 19

NOTHING TO BE SEEN HERE. MY LAST MESSAGE WAS IN MAY. SCRABBLE WORD GAME IS A NUISANCE. FAVOR WORD GAMES, TEND TO BE FAIRLY GOOD AT THEM.  IMO...UNLESS ADJUSTMENTS ARE MADE IT WON'T BE SUCCESSFUL.  

FYI...TRIED IT AGAIN TODAY. THIRD LEVEL KICKED ME OUT 40 SECONDS LATER, HARDLY ENOUGH TIME. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

I too am having trouble getting much over 40K despite fast typing and high level word formation skills.  Since our total score is the sum of:

1) round score x 4  (always 8000)

2) sum of all four rounds bonus letters revealed scores (varies by how many bonus words we type in); and

3) time bonus for round 4 (varies by how fast we complete Round 3 and Round 4);

The only way I can think of that people are getting more than 40K is by:

1) being geniuses AND incredibly fast typists (surely there aren't THAT many of those!)

2) entering the letters for each round into a word generator program and just typing them in like a madman or madwoman (so they don't have to think, just type); and/or

3) voice recognition software where the whole family is sitting around the computer shouting words at the screen as they think of them (a little family togetherness time is always good). 

What do you think?

Cheers, and happy UNscrambling,

arkaren

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

Please stop referring players to the HELP screen.  If this many people are asking for game clarification, the description on HELP screen is clearly lacking.  How does one maximize points— via more bonus words only, finishing game with time left on the clock, etc??  It seems odd that no one is able to definitively provide answers.  What does it take to go over 40,000 points(?), which I’ve only done twice....and I’m usually very good at word games.  This one is frustrating because the rules are so vague.  May need to look elsewhere for a better alternative. Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19
I would also like to know if the strategies are different for different rounds.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

I would also like more information on the scoring. Is it better to have more non-targeted words or is it better to finish the game faster to get the bonus points at the end? I know it would be great to be able to do both but is one a better strategy over the other?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

Yes   I would like to know how scorig takes place too   and going to the "help" button doesn not answer the question.

SO,, aarpLynne,  does it make any difference if you put in more words that arent on the board?  or is the point of the game to just fill in the words on the board??   and how many points for each word?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

Yes, it would be nice to know how all points are actually earned.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

Hi @ambria, thanks for your question! Scramble Words is one of our new favorites! The game has a handy built-in Menu (top left of the game screen). From there you'll find "Help" where there is a page of instructions. Enjoy!

scramble menu.jpgGame Menuscramble help.jpgGame Help

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

SCRAMBLE WORD GAME

Message 19 of 19

WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE DETAIL/DIRECTIONS REGARDING THE SCRAMBLE WORD GAME. I'M GENERALLY GOOD AT WORD GAMES BUT THIS ONE HAS ME STUMPED.

MAY NOT BE UNDERSTANDING CLEARLY THE METHOD UTILIZED TO REACH GOALS.

IT'S A GOOD GAME BUT SOMEWHAT FRUSTRATING. APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.

THANK YOU

Linda G

Membership #**********. (removed by AARPLynne)

Kudos
Views
Replies