Periodic Contributor

Repeat Ads

Must we have an ad between every game?  But please, if so, can't there be some variety.  I get the same ad between every game of Majong.  I have memorized the dialog, watched the women crack and egg, and pour the coffee a thousand times.  Please help!  If you think that this will endear me to the company sponsoring the ad - you are so wrong.  I detest it now.

Periodic Contributor

Why do we have ads? Life is filled with advertisements.  Do we have to have it here?

Periodic Contributor

Continually repeating ads after every game!!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jbarbest - we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. The issue has been corrected and the video ad has been returned to its previous frequency (about once every 30 minutes).

Thanks for playing AARP Games!

Joyce 

Periodic Contributor

I'm afraid it's still way more than that.  I just tried playing for 15 minutes and the ad appeared at least 3 times.

Added later: it now seems corrected. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Continually repeating ads after every game!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Continually repeating ads after every game!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

too many ADS! Loosing interest in your games!!!! I pay for this membership - I didn't pay to be bombarded with all the commercials!!!!

Regular Contributor

I sympathize with you over the ads. I downloaded adblock plus and the ads have disappeared. It is an open free source download. Google it and check it out. It will end the frustration you feel with the continous repeat ads.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for the info, g287693e.  I just downloaded adblocker plus and ads have quit.  There is still a few seconds delay, but I can live with that.  Thanks again.

Regular Contributor

Come on AARP.  I realize you have to have ads to pay for your website, etc. but after each and every game a person plays!?@*!?  Aghhhhhhh.  This is a bit too much! and it is the same ad over and over and over and over and over ...........

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Ads before every game is too much. Once per session/per different games played is my limit.  Looks like I'll be finding another game site. 

Contributor

Hate ALL ads, sound muted, exit game and start over each time an ad pops up!!! But NOW for some reason, the same STUPID ad keeps popping between each game no matter how often I try to exit game and re-start. Sorry...I call this ELDER ABUSE!!!! DITCH THE GAME SCREEN ADS!!!!

Periodic Contributor

new improved games are nice--but ads after each game is too much

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png