Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Recent Removal of Flash Games

Message 1 of 9

PS:  Today's date is FEb. 5th and OUTSPELL is listed as one of the games not affected by the discontinuation of Flash.  I'm puzzled as to why it has disappeared suddenly post Nov. 27.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

I have been enjoying OUTSPELL for several weeks and a few days ago it apparently became disabled.  When I click on it, only white space comes up.  Help!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Would like Dejavu to return to card games

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9
I found this information about WebGL: Doesn't sound safe to me and that date was Jul 26, 2016. Hmmm...

How do I turn on WebGL in Chrome?
In the address bar, type chrome://flags/, and press Enter. Scroll to DisableWebGL - Enabling this option prevents web applications from accessing the WebGL API, and click Enable: Click Relaunch Now. Google Chrome will restart and your new settings will be applied.Jul 26, 2016
How To Enable WebGL on Google Chrome - CCM.net
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9
Check out the following site for games that used to be here and on PCH:

https://www.arkadium.com/free-online-games/
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9
Well, most of the new games suck. That's the best and nicest word I can come up with. Not only did AARP stop the best games using FLASH...PCH also discontinued the Treasury Hunt game which I loved. With so many AARP members, I do NOT understand for the life of me WHY AARP could NOT leave our games as they were using FLASH until the time came for FLASH to be discontinued. Your decision to stop the best games using FLASH is very disappointing.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Can you give me the name and a way to retrieve one of the deleted games?  I am referring to one of the solitare games.  It was the one without a name on the logo.  It was very complicated and took a long time to play.  I believe it was the last one on the screen showing all of the solitare games.

I miss the game and would like to be able to access it anyway, if possible.

Thanks

Patricia Nation

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

I see all my favorite Games are gone so I decided not to visit your site anymore and the same goes for future renewals of my membership.Thank you

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Recent Removal of Flash Games

Message 9 of 9

On November 27th, all games using Flash technology were taken off the AARP Games site.

Over the last year, we have received more and more complaints from our gamers about games not loading right away and needing to re-enable plugins and refresh browsers to support their Flash-based games.  The declining support of Flash on various web browsers is the result of Adobe’s announcement to discontinue Flash technology in 2020. When that happens, Flash games will no longer exist anywhere on the internet.

For this reason, we decided this is the right time to make the transition to games with a new technology (WebGL), before your gameplay experience degrades even further. WebGL has the added benefit of being more secure than Flash and is also accessible on mobile phones and tablets as well as laptops and desktop computers.

Many games were replaced with new versions. In cases where games do not have a replacement, similar and new games have been added to try.

Thank you for continuing to provide your candid feedback.  Because of the high volume of feedback that we are receiving, we aren't able to respond to every posts.  Please know that we are reading all of your posts and taking steps towards improving the games experience for everyone.  We appreciate you bearing with us as we go through this change together.

Learn more from our Flash Game Discontinuation and New Games FAQs.

Kudos
Views
Replies