Contributor

Playing Backgammon

I have been winning each time I play but can't get high daily scores.  How is it possible to get a score over 150?

Thanks,

Lynne

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm assuming the leader board scores are referring to one's cumulative daily score.  I have a cumulative score of 416 in one day which at the moment should be on daily and eeekly leaderboard.  The tech support person's answer  doesn't fit the options that are available on the screen on the "play again" screen.  I am giving up on AARP's  backgammon   ....   to many aughta be's.   But then it's free so what should we expect!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

You have to keep the opponents pieces on the bar as much as possible. Keep knocking them off while you build up your pieces as close to the #1 & 2 spots and beginning to bear them off.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@onespecialgal My strategy is to concentrate on filling my last 6 points first. Then early on, I purposely move one or two points up in the top section so the computer will hit me. It falls for it every time, Then when I move back on the board, the computer is a sitting duck and I haven't lost many points while he has traversed the entire board. When he tries to get on his starting group of points, if I have at least 4 points covered, it becomes hard for the computer to get back in the game. Meanwhile I am moving while he is missing turns. I have never been able to get over 218 though. There are also some times when the computer throws just the right number several times in a row and that makes me wonder if it is cheating.

0 Kudos