Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Playing Backgammon

Message 1 of 3

You have to keep the opponents pieces on the bar as much as possible. Keep knocking them off while you build up your pieces as close to the #1 & 2 spots and beginning to bear them off.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Playing Backgammon

Message 2 of 3

@onespecialgal My strategy is to concentrate on filling my last 6 points first. Then early on, I purposely move one or two points up in the top section so the computer will hit me. It falls for it every time, Then when I move back on the board, the computer is a sitting duck and I haven't lost many points while he has traversed the entire board. When he tries to get on his starting group of points, if I have at least 4 points covered, it becomes hard for the computer to get back in the game. Meanwhile I am moving while he is missing turns. I have never been able to get over 218 though. There are also some times when the computer throws just the right number several times in a row and that makes me wonder if it is cheating.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Playing Backgammon

Message 3 of 3

I have been winning each time I play but can't get high daily scores.  How is it possible to get a score over 150?

Thanks,

Lynne

Kudos
Views
Replies