Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Play button doesn’t work

Message 1 of 3

AARPLynne,

I'm glad that someone might do something about the problem.  The iPad app, AARP, is barely working for anything right now.  It wasn't "changing browsers" that helped, it was abandoning efforts to use the dysfunctional app. The Chrome browser, the mobile version of the AARP website, is what worked.

I just tried the app again. (I'm on iOS 12, the latest one.) The intro screen shows, then the widgets on the home page. I have deleted the widgets that wouldn't load their icon. When I try the ones that do show, on Member Benefits and Quizzes, I only get the error message "Unable to connect".  Under Caregiving, I choose an option, and a topic, then it's unable to connect.  The Games gives only a blank, not even the message.  So right now I can't even begin to try the games in the AARP app. "Close" and the back arrow work wherever I see them.

Hope these details help.  Oh, in the app, when it did work, my game ID that shows in the Leaderboard was different than when I played somewhere else.

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Play button doesn’t work

Message 2 of 3

Hello @Polly2017Waco. I'm sorry for the glitches you've encountered. I'll make sure this is reported to the tech team. It's good to see that changing browsers has partially improved things for you.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Play button doesn’t work

Message 3 of 3

Jigsaw was new in 2016.  So perhaps that’s when I played it on my iPad Air.  It worked then but not now. My new iPad is on iOS 12.1.1 and in the AARP app, the game behaves very poorly. The difficulty button reluctantly operates, but the pieces are even more difficult to move.   I continually tap the entire 8 minutes but only 4 or 5 times will anything move.  After timeout, the Contine button doesn’t work at all. 

When I go to the same AARP game, jigsaw, in the Chrome browser on my iPad, the game works just fine.  

In the app, I also tried Mahjong Solitaire and WordWipe.  These would not launch after the ad;  the Play button doesn’t work. Here’s a clue :   In Mahjong, there are rose petals falling down.  When I hit Play, the petals freeze.

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies