Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ONCE AGAIN IMPOSSIBLE SCORES ARE POSTED ON 5ROLL

Message 1 of 10

@AARPLynne wrote:

@nctarheel, the Product Team is removing implausible scores while they continue to investigate leaderboard integrity.

Eleven more days and still no word from AARP how IMPOSSIBLE SCORES can be placed on the leaderboards without the play of the game.

If your IT people took over a month and a half to track down a security issue; what would your company do to those technicians??????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@nctarheel, the Product Team is removing implausible scores while they continue to investigate leaderboard integrity.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

Another nine days go by, it has now been a month since AARP has been made aware of what has to be a security issue.

To post a score that is impossible to attain by game play can only be posted by nefarious means.

For AARP not to be able to track down these nefarious means after one month should worry those that use the games platform.

Here again, this week, an impossible score was, once again, posted.

another user posted a score of 27,000+.

This is an impossible score.

It is THOUSANDS HIGHER than one could score legitimately by playing the game of 5ROLL.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Yes, I see that @nctarheel. As I mentioned, I'll post here again when I have more information. Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

NINETEEN DAYS have gone by.... almost three weeks and the IMPOSSIBLE SCORES still occupy the leaderboard.

Any tech worker at my company that took 3 weeks to track down how something such as this occurred and still hasn't solved it.... would be FIRED.

For impossible scores such as these to be posted, they had to be posted outside of the play of the actual game. You can't score that high.

That would bring into question how they were posted and also, by virtue of the impossibility of the scores, call into question the security of the platform used.

NINETEEN DAYS........... and counting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

And now there is a 19,690 score posted as yet another person has accessed the games platform and posted a score that is impossible to achieve through play of the game.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Hi @nctarheel we're looking into the scoring abnormality seen in 5 Roll. I'll post here again when I have more information. Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Nine days later and I look at the leaderboard and guess what.

There is even a MORE IMPOSSIBLE score posted to the leaderboard of 5ROLL!!!!

PS3510 has posted a score of 26,475.

All this means to me is that players are finding ways to post scores to the games platform WITHOUT PLAYING the game.

Again, this raises the spectre that this platform has security issues for players to be able to do that.

As I stated in my original post, there is a maximum score in 5ROLL as there is in Yahtzee, this score of 26,475 is well beyond this.

It is time for AARP to admit as to how these scores have made it onto the games platform.

@AARPLynne, how is a score such as this posted to the leaderboard?????????

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Hi, @nctarheel, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll have the tech team look into this as soon as possible. -Lynne

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

ONCE AGAIN IMPOSSIBLE SCORES ARE POSTED ON 5ROLL

Message 10 of 10

I reported this issue a couple of weeks ago and if you look at that thread, you will find this quote by @AARPLynne.

"The high score on the 5ROLL leaderboard you pointed out was determined to be an issue related to the migration we did last week, and it has been corrected as of Tuesday of this week (7/23/19)."

The thread was then closed.

If you look at 5ROLL'S leaderboard today, you will see @BigE1940 with a score of 7,700.

If one scores the maximum for each box and gets triple times for each maximum by virtue of the multiplier die, one can still NOT SCORE 7,700!!!!!

The maximum, if my calculations are correct, is 6,120.

How is an impossible score posted this time to 5ROLL, @AARPLynne?

Kudos
Views
Replies