Contributor

No Score Update with Centipede & Game Freezing

When I play Centipede, sometimes my score doesn't appear at the end of the game. I am logged in so that isn't the reason. I get the black screen that says "Click here to play" to begin a new game instead of the colorful screen that prompts me to "Play again" when this happens.

Also, sometimes my game will freeze in the middle and I must go out and start over. This also doesn't register the score, but is not the same situation I am describing in the first paragraph.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your post, @Katwork! Since the original Atari games were designed for short play – they were built to have you spend more quarters at the arcade, after all – we’ve adjusted them to serve up three rounds before the game ends. The game will then post your highest score from the three rounds, which will show on the blue game-end screen you are accustomed to seeing. This was done to make gameplay a little smoother and to cut down on having to restart the game repeatedly to play additional rounds.

We’ve alerted our technical team to the freezing you sometimes experience to have them investigate it.

We’re happy you are enjoying the new Atari games. Thanks for playing!

0 Kudos
Contributor

The freezing occurs when the darts hit a new centipede just as it's entering at the top of the screen.  It's not always possible to avoid shooting it.  Sometimes the darts were fired at a spider or flea before the new centipede appeared, but by the time the dart reaches the top of the screen the centipede is entering.  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos