Periodic Contributor

New Game evaluation

Greetings All. I have been playing certain games in both the old and new formats. These include puzzle games, card games, pool games and word games. Here is my overall evaluations and observations. (1) It does not appear that there was any BETA testing. (2) Calling these games fast is far from the truth. (3) As others have said, daily scores reset randomly, mine reset twice today. (4) An old man like me cannot keep up with a lot of the timers for some of these games that would be a lot of fun with selectable times. (5) For most of these games I have to go through 3 or 4 button pushes and 2 screen resizes before I can play the SAME game.--There are other comments I could toss in here but I think this is a good start. Maybe others could add to the list for these "new and improved" games.

Dave

Contributor

Not sure what they were trying to fix in July but they broke it even MORE.  Now, there is NO volume button on the ADs, so they play both sound and video and we can't stop that.

The screen's haven't been fixed they are still small and smaller.  Now there is an image of the game I am playing taking space on the page & even when I click the "down" button to close it, it reopensd automatically after each game.

They have really ruined most games now.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have been playing most all the games at least once. Some more than others. I have mentioned at least 1/2 a dozen that do not work at all. TRUE is one of those. 5 Roll the dice show up as black with no dots on the them or numbers. It is truly sad and ridiculous.

Sorry for your problems. MSN has some cool games and also Washington Post. Problems is there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many commercials.

Periodic Contributor

Thanks for all the comments and additions to my post. I have been seeing other things I really did not notice before, like volume and pause controls that show briefly then are not available and a brief glimpse of what I assume is the games site map. Guess I am getting more critical. It would be nice if the AARP lady would respond to a lot of these observations, maybe a blanket survey or something similar. Just a thought.

Am missing Game of Thrones already.

Dave

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I agree with you about the timers on the games.  1.   I hate that the jigsaw puzzles and other games are timed.  It is so much more fun to play them if you can finish what you start. I like to do the expert level puzzles because there are more pieces, but the timer runs out before I can finish in many cases.  Take the timers off or set them for a couple of more minutes!    2.  I don't care about the daily scores as my competition is only with myself and finishing...   

Just my two cents worth...

Honored Social Butterfly

@davidscott1 wrote:

Greetings All. I have been playing certain games in both the old and new formats. These include puzzle games, card games, pool games and word games. Here is my overall evaluations and observations. (1) It does not appear that there was any BETA testing. (2) Calling these games fast is far from the truth. (3) As others have said, daily scores reset randomly, mine reset twice today. (4) An old man like me cannot keep up with a lot of the timers for some of these games that would be a lot of fun with selectable times. (5) For most of these games I have to go through 3 or 4 button pushes and 2 screen resizes before I can play the SAME game.--There are other comments I could toss in here but I think this is a good start. Maybe others could add to the list for these "new and improved" games.

Dave

You've hit the nail on the head, @davidscott1 !!!!

I agree with every one of your assessments.

Of course, AARP will blame your issues on either  YOUR browser, YOUR hardware, or YOUR cache, or something else, not of THEIR DOING.

I, have a BRAND NEW Apple iMac with all the latest of everything and I have experienced every one of the issues you have described.

Both #2 and #5 are especially true, have been brought up by many a player, and yet, there is no response to those two issues.

Good review, @davidscott1.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I see out of line scores i see people with high scores everyday and I believe theres cheating of some kind going on your game system has broken down.

Regular Contributor

For those who continue to visit this AARP GAMES there are other sites where the very things you complain about do not exist, i.e. smaller boards, extremely high scores, things that do not work and do not get fixed, I have one question. Why do you keep coming back? It is like being abused in a relationship. There is another way. There are other sites like Arkadium. There are minor problems but those tech people do respond. There are so many more games and variations of games. Some of the ones taken off here are at that site. You Do NOT have to put up with this GAMES site.

Also I am keeping documentation about the complaints for the express purpose of sending it up the line until someone gets it and does something. Also the political comments are not good here even though I might agree. AARP is a Democrat related group.

In the meantime, seek something different. Arkadium games on free. There are no leadership boards. But there are new games all the time. There are at least 4-6 crossword puzzles every day I have been doing. If you like word search, there are 3 of those. There are many Mahjongg games that work. If you don't make the change, then Karma is what it is.

I have not been paid or reimbursed for advertising for Arkadium. I am simply giving you information about another option.

Thank JK1331

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png