Community Manager
Community Manager

New AARP Games site is live!

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster. These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

If you need to report a technical issues, please include your device type and browser to help us isolate and resolve issues faster. Please be patient as we work through some known technical issues (e.g., IE browser is not loading). 

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Community Manager
Community Manager

We hope that everyone is enjoying the enhanced site. The changes discussed earlier are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games. 

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements as we are. For more information on minimum system requirements and more, visit the Frequently Asked Questions

(Topic closed 06/06/19.)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

i guess they think it is funny to change colors on some of the photos. just 

enough so we think we have a match when some people have a hard time with colors a this age.

@AARPLynne wrote:

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster. These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

If you need to report a technical issues, please include your device type and browser to help us isolate and resolve issues faster. Please be patient as we work through some known technical issues (e.g., IE browser is not loading). 

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

j

0 Kudos
Contributor

If you can't do updates correctly, please stop doing them!

I have been trying for 2 weeks to open games on IE and only get a blank screen. You know the problem exists but decided to push the "upgrade" to live anyway? Shame on your IT team - obviously bottom of their class - and yet we have to suffer for their incompetence??? 

If I use Chrome the screen size doesn't adjust and half the game buttons don't work with touch screen - only with a mouse. And you call this improvement?

Sudoku and the daily sudoku, are programmed incorrctly. They are not allowing the last few #'s to fit in. TY.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

ADMMINISTRATION      05/31/19 at 1:24 EST

Okay - there is something seriously wrong with the games. If you look under the game's, Leader Boards the same Users are listed with the same scores. Obviously a hack. Definitely won't be playing games on your site! Hope others will take notice. I wonder what else they have hacked!!!

bam1954
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@b713220m wrote:

ADMMINISTRATION      05/31/19 at 1:24 EST

Okay - there is something seriously wrong with the games. If you look under the game's, Leader Boards the same Users are listed with the same scores. Obviously a hack. Definitely won't be playing games on your site! Hope others will take notice. I wonder what else they have hacked!!!

Hello @b713220m, can you please tell me which game(s) you are speaking of?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

bam1954
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Earlier today, and just now (05/31/19 @6:38) I went into several of the Solitaire, Word and Majongg games and they all had a list of people with high scores. For instance, if you go into each Majonng game, the leader board is the same and the scores are the same for each. The same with Solitaire and Word.

bam1954
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

there are to many ads, why cant we just have all our games back instead all th

Periodic Contributor

I was encouraged when I logged on to play my first game today and saw my "daily top score" as 0.  I played the first game and scored 55,000, which was then shown as my daily top score.  Then I played my second game today and the score of that game was shown as my daily top score but was lower than 55,000.  They can't seem to get it right,can they?  This has been a colossal mistake and they just don't want to admit it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ckennedy wrote:

I was encouraged when I logged on to play my first game today and saw my "daily top score" as 0.  I played the first game and scored 55,000, which was then shown as my daily top score.  Then I played my second game today and the score of that game was shown as my daily top score but was lower than 55,000.  They can't seem to get it right,can they?  This has been a colossal mistake and they just don't want to admit it.

Hello @Ckennedy I'd like to help resolve this for you. Were you playing Mahjonng Solitaire at the time? (I see from your other post that this also happened during the evening on 5/27.) Can you please confirm which game you were playing today (and the time) you were playing when this occured? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why won't the games load in Edge or Internet Explorer? Why does it black out and lock up in chrome? At least before the upgrade I could play with without locking up or bllacking out. Looks like you still got some work to do.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hmmmmm - "gamseta" reaching 1,260 and "bettyj545507" reaching 1,270 playing Classic Sollitaire.  Seems a bit suspicious to me. How about sharing how you got those high scores?????

bam1954
Regular Contributor

UPDATE

Sent "bettyj545507" and "gamesta" a private message asking them to post how they are able to reach their obvious unattainable scores on Classic Solitaire. Gee, no surpise - neither of them did, nor did I receive a response. It's obvious to me that they - or someone that has hacked their User Names - are using a program to automatically play the game for them based on a score they set. How sad for the people that resort to that method of playing to be recognized!

Not going to cancel my membership as others have stated, but I am going to another site to play games. Sorry AARP. It was fun while it lasted!

bam1954
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My daily top score in Mahjonng Solitaire of 54316 was just changed to 44200.  Why??????

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

There are no improvements, smaller screens, slower movements, and fewer games.  Trizzle was not scheduled to be terminated but was anyway.  Others were replaced with games no one wants to play.  I guess AARP is trying to get out of the game website.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Haven't had a problem with loading any of the games. Guess I'm fortunate that way.

For a while, resetting the game Leader Board during the EST evenings kept the dishonest cheaters/hackers from monopoloizing the Leader Boards. The sad thing is that it appears that those people are members - as they have had the nerve to post on this comments section that they're upset about the score reset! Not sure how they can sleep at night, but they have managed - much to their own delight - to spoil the games played by honest people. SHAME - SHAME - SHAME!

bam1954
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

WHAT A JOKE!  UNAVAILABLE FOR TWO WEEKS, AND NOW TOY CHEST IS ABOUT THE SAME SIZE.  WE FOUND WILD TANGENT, FREE GAMES, AND MUCH BETTER GRAPHICS.

0 Kudos

Totally not impressed.  In order to play I have to empty the cache, which also empties all my passwords.  I may be AARP age, but I'm too young to waste my time redoing my computer just to play solitaire games.  Just not worth it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I use Firefox browser, and since the new updates, if I play a game in the morning, and then go back to play another later---the score I made on previous game(s) has dropped to zero.  In the overall scheme of life, this is not a big deal, but nevertheless, it is frustrating to want to go back later and beat a previous score only to find that it is a done deal if I only score even a single POINT!

I even tried using different windows--one for the 'word' games and another for the solitaire games--hoping that it was the process of switching areas that did it.  Nope---but it is inconsistent!  Just what you wanted to hear, right!?  🙂  Thank you for listening and hope you can resolve this and probably more serious issues discovered by others.  Change is never easy. Good Luck!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The new AARP games are live???  Not anymore!  I have tried to bring up the games yesterday and again today.  A page with no images, just words about games, makes a brief appearance - too brief to click on anything.  Then that screen disappears.  I am hoping that means that AARP has someone working to improve all the games.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@AARPLynne wrote:

0 Kudos
Contributor

still not loading on Edge 5/26

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

You still have work to do. I’ve tried for a day to get a puzzle up, but it won’t show.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The bidding on the online bridge unexpectedly stops and proceeds to play.

0 Kudos
Contributor

While I like to play 8 ball, the game seem to be unfair.  It calls fouls against me, but not the opponent.  In addition, it will execute a shot when I pull back my cue to its original place to re aim; then it calls a four

against me.  The english seems to take affect for my opponent and sometimes for me.  I know  it sounds like sour grapes but it happens too often.

0 Kudos
Contributor

your "new" site SUCKS out loud. Hard to get into game site game layouts HORRIBLE. I'm actively looking for different game sites to play mahjong and do crossword puzzles that are user friendly.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

THEY COULD CARE LESS WHAT WE SAY!

Periodic Contributor

They have managed to take all the fun out of playing MahJonng Solitaire for me with this idiotic way of scoring.  What good does yesterday's high score do me today??  I like seeing if I can improve my score as I play throughout the day.