Community Manager
Community Manager

New AARP Games site is live!

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster. These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

If you need to report a technical issues, please include your device type and browser to help us isolate and resolve issues faster. Please be patient as we work through some known technical issues (e.g., IE browser is not loading). 

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@marvol and @k659782d, we're finding that many of our users simply need to clear their cache or update their browser in order for the new Games site to load properly. There's a bunch of information and instructions, in the post titled Not able to access your favorite game? Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

What is with the Funky names for the CrossWords?    What is the purpose for using the words, "Crlyptic" and "Cincinnus"?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanL1835, thanks for your question! That's to differentiate the puzzles from one another. In a Cryptic crossword, each clue is a puzzle in itself. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

What happen to SpellBound?   If it is gone, why ?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanL1835, Spellbound is one of 5 games we are no longer supporting on this platform.  You may like to try Scramble Words, Outspell, Word Wipe or Wander Words. (See our FAQs.)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am very upset i cannot play games o  my tablet or my computer. I have  not been able tk win, not one game. I guess that sounds silly but I always was able to win some times, but not at all with this set up. I hope you can fix this.with out us changing our settings.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Aarp klondike solitaire is not coming up.  Can't play??

0 Kudos
Contributor

Do not like this new format!!! One third of the page is AARP advertisements that I cant delete. The pages for spider solitaire and for the daily crossword puzzles are so small I have to strain to play.  When I toggle down and click on the screen icon on the bottom right corner of the game as suggested, the screen is very faintly enlarged......or sometimes takes me to a solid white screen.  The previous format would give me an option to "open image in new window" which would enlarge the screen to full screen size.  This option is no longer available.  My laptop is a MacBook Air and my browser is Safari.  If I can't correct these issues, I will no longer be able to use this program.   I'm so very disappointed and frustrated!!!  I used to love and look forward to playing these games every day!  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Too many crosswords, not enough variety.  Liked more of the games before the last two changes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

How come my high scores don't show on the high score leader board sometimes.

Charles M. Casey
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cc90986474, on which games are you seeing this? Do you happen to recall the score and when it was obtained? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My device is a MacBook Air and my browser is safari.  I am having trouble with Free Cell loading and playing.  It is jerky loading and very slow playing.  I have no trouble with Soitaire, Majong games, crossword puzzle and Sudoku.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm having the same problem as everyone else - just a blank white screen.  The GAMES page, where you select the game you want to access, flashes for just a nano second then the page goes to a blank, white page.  I am very annoyed with this - you should have left well enought alone.  I contacted AARP for tech help and absolutely no one knew how to help with this problem.  A good part of me joining AARP was for these games.  Since I no longer have access to them, I will be ending my membership.  Unfortunately, I was foolish enough to sign up til 2023, but intend to ask for my membership to end now and the money I already paid for the next four years be refunded to me.  This is ridiculous!

Super Contributor

@fm378  I don' t know whether this will work for you or not, but it worked for me when I was having the same problem that you described.  I was using a laptop with Windows and the Edge browser.  I googled to find out how to clear the cache on my browser and learned that I needed to click on the star that has lines on the right side of it on the right-hand side and almost at the top of my computer screen.  Then I chose History from the dark gray column on the left that popped up. Then I chose Clear History from the right-hand side of the lighter gray column and clear at the top of that column.  My google search told me which choices to make after that, but I chose them all.  However, that means you will need to re-enter any passwords that you had your computer save in the past.  Also, if you haven't cleared your browser's cache for a while, it does take several minutes to do that.  The URL for AARP's games may have changed (I am not sure), but after I had cleared the cache, I went to the web site and chose Games from their drop-down menu, and the games worked just fine for me.  I hope this will help and apologize for taking your time if it doesn't work for you - or if you already knew how to clear your browser's cache.  Good luck!  I meant to say Windows 10 above.

0 Kudos
Contributor

After every one or two games of the 10x10 block I get an ad!  Gets discouraging.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play on a kindle fire using Silk browser. Free cell and Klondike are my favorite games and they are virtually unplayable.

0 Kudos
Contributor

***TEMPORARY FIX FOR GAMES NOT LOADING AND BLACK SCREEN!

I have attempted many work-arounds to remedy this issue to no avail until today.  This has worked for me thus far after playing 10 games and have yet to get the dreaded black screen I would get consistently after the first game played.  

Before clicking PLAY when beginning a new game or reloading the page, make sure to "unzoom" the game back to the original size when the page first loaded then press play and zoom back in again.  Fingers crossed this work-around continues to be a resolution to the problem until AARP fixes this annoying issue.  Good Luck!!       

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @amyfromindy, what game did you experience this on?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

amyfromindy

I tried it, but it didn't work for me <sigh>. I have found many such simple fixes in my life for other things that I really thought this one might work for me. But I put the screen size back to 100%, made it smaller, full screened it and nothing (sigh).

nancyj
0 Kudos
Contributor

Your upgrade has ruined the game Mahjongg Solitaire. Clicking on the 2 matching tiles used to be much quicker. It kind of ruins any chance of getting high scores since there seems to be  a delay from the clicks. Wish you had left it alone. Thanks for your time.

Ken

0 Kudos
Contributor

The Daily Word Search game is not resetting so that all the word search can be played each day. Device is an iPad, browser is google.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm missing my Strategy Puzzle but happy to have Word Swipe

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm using Google Chrome on my desktop PC & the Spider Solitaire game won't load correctly.  It's just green lines. Another game I played seemed to load fine.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I couldn't load Spider Solitaire either for the green lines. I'm also using Chrome, on a Desktop PC, I am still using Win 7. It's also happening on FireFox.
nancyj
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's great but the only thing each and every time you play a game you have to go through the list to find the one you want. Before you had a place called recent game played or something like that.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@nk5791, thanks for your question. The Recently Played page is available under the More drop down in the navigation. Hope this helps.

More| Recently PlayedMore| Recently Played

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well, I can't get them to load in Chrome, Firefox or IE browser. 

nancyj
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NancyJ203096, are you continuing to have this issue? Can you go into a little more detail? (Does a particular game not load or does the entire website not load?) Thank you!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi @AARPLynne:

Well, I'm not sure which issue and for what game you are referring to... I will say this:

Klondike - Works

Pyramid - Works

Free Cell - Works

Spider - Works

Forty Thieves - Blanks out "You Win" screen

Holiday Mahjongg - Works

Candy Mahjongg - Works

Dark Dimensions - Works

Mahjongg Dimensions - Works

Mahjongg Solitaire - Works

Toy Chest -Works

Toy Chest Classic - Works

Mahjongg Age of Alchemy - Works

PS: They did take a bit to load the actual game. But if you didn't have a comparison you wouldn't notice. 

nancyj
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NancyJ203096, that was in response to your post, "Well, I can't get them to load in Chrome, Firefox or IE browser." Sounds like you're in good shape now?

0 Kudos