Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: New AARP Games site is live!

Message 161 of 338

Can not skip ads when I touch, "skip ad", ads are annoying. Word wipe game stops working during 

Play. Screen did not get larger, it shrinks. What happened to my previous scores? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 338

I'm running Windows 10 with full and current updates.

For years I've been playing AARP games using the Edge browser.  That no longer works.  All I get is a blank screen when I click on the Games link from AARP's home page.  So...

I tried Internet Explorer.  The games come up, but t h e y ' r e  s o o o o o  s l o o o o o w!.  I always liked Mahjongg Dimensions, but now when I play it using IE, I have to wait 3-4 seconds for every mouse click to take effect.  Garbage.  So...

I tried Chrome.  The games seem to work fine there, but they won't go full screen and seem to be some kind of retro version.  I hate Chrome, so I won't be playing these anymore.

Your upgrade is junk.  Do you guys do real life testing of is it all just storyboard stuff?

Like others, I'll be looking for another game site.  That will most likely stop my interaction with the AARP website.  MSN games is pretty good, but it's got a lot of advertising.

I won't even give you a 'nice try' on this misguided upgrade attempt.

John Roland

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 338

While it's nice that some of the screens are larger. Some of the games appear to have become more difficult. I can't believe some of the daily scores that are appearing. I play for hours and can't get anywhere near those scores. Is there some sort of secret?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 338

I am only seeing a white screen when logging in.  I've done it several times and no games.  What's going on?  I am using Microsoft Edge as my browser. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 338
I'm finding the same thing!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 338
Not better
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 167 of 338

mahjong dimensions is STILL not scoring correctly or allowing to play all the way to the end of the time. How about fixing that along with the awful fading image after the player hits a pair...That gets in the way of seeing the block.

Also, that Scrabble game is confusing and certainly doesn't allow as many options as the other word game you just canceled. I have NO interest in all these crossword puzzles...What is that you think all old people are interested in crossword puzzles? PLEASE fix these issues. I have written and called countless times and I get the feeling you guys just don't care....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 338

I can get into Mahjongg Dimensions, but when the game is over, it will not keep my score and when I hit play again, I get the message "Something went wrong."  This is not fun. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 338

Frustration. If I log into my AARP account, I cannot access the games. I play Arkadium games on other sites. If I do not log in, I can play the games, but at the end of the game, it just stops. No score is given and there is no opportunity to play another game without going back to the main menu. Another person mentioned that they could only access with Chrome rather than Internet Explorer. Windows 10 will not allow me to use Adobe and other apps unless I am in Microsoft e and Internet Explorer. When I use Chrome, Windows attempts and does shut down what I am doing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Word games shut out use of keyboard and touch screen after a period of time.

Message 170 of 338

While playing the daily mini crossword, daily crossword, and word wipe yesterday and today, typing and touch screen have been disabled.  Is there a maximum number of games I can play in 24 hours?  I never found this in the old system, but it frustrates me no end now.

This morning I was not able to use either the keyboard or touch screen on the first game I tried, others either.  Both of those techniques work well on other applications, just not yours.

Should I find another source for games?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users