Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

problems with sight update

Message 171 of 338

will not give me access to the games I want to play, since the changes were made this week.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New AARP Games site is live!

Message 172 of 338

why did you get rid of all the good games.  ie: Carniball, Bubble Boo, Trizzel and all the action games. The new ones are so boreing 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Spider Solitaire

Message 173 of 338

When are y'all gonna fix the Spider Solitaire game? I have been trying to play it since yesterday (5/15/19) and all I get is a black box woth a diagonal green strip. I love this game, but if y'all aren't going to fix the issue, then go back to the old way. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: games

Message 174 of 338
I thank everybody. I now know it's not me or my computer. So I don't have to try to fix what's not broken. I can spend hours trying to fix stuff only to find out that it's somebody else's problem.

This is way better can't you tell? A lot of my favorite games are gone. It's slow. I think they said something about new games. Haven't seen any cool new games. Did I mention slow?

But I agree, and it is one of my mottos. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
nancyj
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 338

Thank you for yoour post.  I thought I was the only one that thought this was worse than it was before. They kept saying it was going to be faster, but it is WAY ,WAY, slower.
I hate that they only store 3 of the games you play.
If it aint  broke, don't fix it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 338

None of the games load. I have tried on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. 

This is disappointing!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: New AARP Games Site Launch

Message 177 of 338
The problem has nothing to do with the cache. Have a good day.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 338

Unbelievable.  The games are loading even more slowly after the big wonderful new upgrade.  AARP - do you have millennials running this?  Always change stuff that wasn't broken - just to say they changed it.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 179 of 338

pjsullivan253 - You might want to google "Clear cache in Edge" for step-by-step instructions on how to clear your cache (unless you already know how to do so).  You will start by clicking on the star that has 3 lines coming out from the right side of it near the upper right-hand corner of your computer screen (the star you click on to find your favorite saved sites), then click on History in the new darker left column that comes up.  Then in the right-hand lighter gray column at the top you will click on Clear History. Then more choices will come up asking you what all you want to clear.  The Google result will advise you which ones to choose, but I chose all of them, and it will take a few minutes if you haven't cleared the cache for a while.  After that, you should be able to get into the AARP games, but don't use your saved favorite URL link because I think the URL has changed.  I went to AARP and chose Games from the menu there, then saved the site.  I trust I haven't given any of these instructions wrong.  Good luck!  I hope you will be able to enjoy the new games. 

[After a very brief glance at the games page, I,too, was getting a white screen with a dotted red circle before I cleared my cache.]

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: New AARP Games Site Launch

Message 180 of 338

Freedom2b2 - You might want to google "Clear cache in Edge", if you are using Edge for your browser, for step-by-step instructions on how to clear your cache (unless you already know how to do so).  You will start by clicking on the star that has 3 lines coming out from the right side of it near the upper right-hand corner of your computer screen (the star you click on to find your favorite saved sites), then click on History in the new darker left column that comes up.  Then in the right-hand lighter gray column at the top you will click on Clear History. Then more choices will come up asking you what all you want to clear.  The Google result will advise you which ones to choose, but I chose all of them, and it will take a few minutes if you haven't cleared the cache for a while.  After that, you should be able to get into the AARP games, but don't use your saved favorite URL link because I think the URL has changed.  I went to AARP and chose Games from the menu there, then saved the site.  I trust I haven't given any of these instructions wrong.  Good luck!  I hope you will be able to enjoy the new games. 

[I was getting a quick glance at a games screen followed by a white screen with a red dotted circle - before I cleared my cache.]

Kudos
Views