Community Manager
Community Manager

New AARP Games site is live!

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster. These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

If you need to report a technical issues, please include your device type and browser to help us isolate and resolve issues faster. Please be patient as we work through some known technical issues (e.g., IE browser is not loading). 

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Regular Contributor

I'm sur ethe bugs will be worked out. Scrable Words keeps freezing in the middle of rounds. Have to quit the game and start over.

bam1954
0 Kudos

I liked Trizzle. Befor that I liked Eggz. Boo

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

cannot get no games at all new system stinks i use a laptop and google crome

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I have not been able to access the games page at all since sometime yesterday (5/14/2019).  I use a laptop and Microsoft Edge.  I get a 404 error.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I have fixed the problem.  I needed to clear the cache in my browser.  Now I can access the games, but I can't say they are any faster, and I thought they were supposed to be bigger unless we reduced the size.  10x10 is definitely smaller than it was, and I don't know that any others are bigger.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

cant6 get any games the new system stinks
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chappy208 would you be willing to share what type of device and browser you are using? This will really help us in our testing. Appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am using Google Chrome on an older Dell laptop.  Some games load, others don't - I can get Mahongg Dimensions but not Holiday Dimensions; Addiction and Free Cell Solitaire, but not Pyramid or Klondike - very frustrating, especially since there were no problems with the "old" site!

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I so hate to be a complainer, but . . . .

Why is everything on this site now smaller, includinng the print? Are none of the people who rebuilt the site elders who might know that print size is an issue? Come on, folks. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love the look except the game 10x10 is too small. Can you make the game screen a little larger?  It was larger before the new look.

Thank you-

0 Kudos

Who ever "improved" the games apparently didn't take into consideration that the size of the game is important.

10x10 is now significantly reduced in size and not as easy to play.

Not sure what the expressed goal was for the change; but I personally don't  see improvement.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Mac, the issue is that the first time I play Holiday Mahjong things work OK. The 2nd time and subsequent tries result in the visual being a totally white cube and black background. Tricky to match what you cannot see.
0 Kudos
Contributor

The information you gave to correct my problem was of no help at all. Players, do any of you know of another free game site I can check out?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

At end of Nov 2018 when Alu's Revenge 2 came out, it had a Leader Board problem
that could not post / save scores over 1.2 Billion, the boxes were Not widened to show

the final scores high enough -- Had only 10 places (13 if included commas bet number sets).
I think it was end of Jan 2019 or mid Feb when that got fixed. Still had 10 places
however you could float the mouse over the score to see the full numbers in a pop-up box..
--
Now you don't even have that feature. Are now showing 9 digit places instead of 10
and all are followed with a  M  (for millions ?) even though some top scores are

Billions, Trillions and even rarely Quadillions.

-- This should have been chance to show up to 999,999,999,999,999,999 at least.

Sometimes changes are not better.                                               24Destry

Contributor

I totally agree.  The scoring on Alu's Revenge is a mess.  Before I even played today, it showed I had scored 7M.  No matter what I score it remains at 7M.  This is an improvement????????????

0 Kudos
Contributor

Too bad you had to "fix" something that wasn't broken. Now the size of the screen is about 2/3rd the size it was before and if you toggle, it doesn't change size. AND the screen keeps locking up halfway through the game. So much for new and improved.

0 Kudos

9 ball pool won't load in MS Edge browser running Windows 10 on a desktop pc. Loads okay in Opera.

I usually play in Edge. Both browsers do not allow me to shoot the same angles as the default player.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

pjsullivan253 - You might want to google "Clear cache in Edge" for step-by-step instructions on how to clear your cache (unless you already know how to do so).  You will start by clicking on the star that has 3 lines coming out from the right side of it near the upper right-hand corner of your computer screen (the star you click on to find your favorite saved sites), then click on History in the new darker left column that comes up.  Then in the right-hand lighter gray column at the top you will click on Clear History. Then more choices will come up asking you what all you want to clear.  The Google result will advise you which ones to choose, but I chose all of them, and it will take a few minutes if you haven't cleared the cache for a while.  After that, you should be able to get into the AARP games, but don't use your saved favorite URL link because I think the URL has changed.  I went to AARP and chose Games from the menu there, then saved the site.  I trust I haven't given any of these instructions wrong.  Good luck!  I hope you will be able to enjoy the new games. 

[After a very brief glance at the games page, I,too, was getting a white screen with a dotted red circle before I cleared my cache.]

0 Kudos

I play 10x10 and I was happy with how quickly it loaded. Game looks great on my IPad.  Thanks, I like the upgrades. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Lynne,

I cant get games.aarp.org to load at all. I get a white screen with no progress bar. Everything was fine yesterday. I have no problem navigating around the rest of the AARP site, just cant get the games page to load at all. I am doing this while logged in as a member. I have tried this on 3 different computers in 3 different locations. All 3 computers are running windows-10 OS with IE-11 browser.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Was looking forward to the new games page but unfortunately cant participate any more! Hope you can help me out. Thanks.

Cindy J.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Cindy (@BobJ685852). What you're experiencing is an issue with the IE browser that we're working to resolve. Is there any chance you would willing to try a different browser, like Chrome, for the time being? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Have nothing but a white page..Will this be corrected or should I go elsewhere for games.

0 Kudos

Don't see any good you did in any changes. Seems like the same. Not happy.

0 Kudos

Terrible!!!

The game screens are way too small.  Can't see what's going on.

0 Kudos

Screens are actually bigger!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Did AARP hire the cheapest programmers available to update the game site??   Horrendous.   Was a beta test even performed before releasing this garbage?

I've played a few games.   Everything locks up at end of game....for instance on Pyramid Solitaire, the last card at the top of the pyramid can't be cleared when reaching '13' and the system freezes up.  8-ball pool game freezes at the end also.

I've seen this so many times with improvements...."To better serve you..."  we've made your life more miserable.   

The standard answers will probably be along of the lines..."Change your browser".   "Reboot your system."

Sheesh....get a clue.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Laptop, Windows 10, browser Firefox.

None of the 5 games I play has a larger playing screen, four are the same size as before. (see 10 x 10 below)

The button to make the game go to large screen is not working on any of the 5 games I tried.

I was hoping the Word List feature for Outspell was going to be improved, but  it wasn't.  It only allows you to check words that you have ALL the letters for.  If you are trying to get a word with the second letter on the game board because you don't have it, you are stuck, same as before. And it still won't accept the word "cria" ( baby llama).

For Daily Search I now have to manually turn off the sound for the tick - tick - tick of the clock.

So far, I'm not seeing improvement so not sure what all the hoopla was about leading up to this.  At least I can get on and play the games I like. 

10 x 10 comes up as a weird small screen, see image attached.  I don't recall it like that before this change.Games 10 by 10.jpg

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Just wondering how you experts can get scores over 1250 in Klondike solitaire???  I can never get above 1230.   are you using super fast computers????  just asking...dianne

0 Kudos
Contributor

Cribbage still uses the same loaded dice.  I assume this is because developers do not want to take the time to create a game with strategy to challenge players.

I started playing Bridge in college.  I played with people who we had to wake up and help them hold thirteen cards.  They were better than this game.  The bidding is bad, but surpasses the actual play of cards.  My partner trumps a trick, the next player under trumps.  When the computer wins the bidding, it will play trump after my partner and I are out of trump.  Terrible bidding, worse play.  

This is not an upgrade and worth everything we are paying, nada.  

Unfortunately AARP is probably paying for this and should have gotten something better.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

i am disappointed that one of my favorite aarp games has been changed to a smaller version...it was better for me when it was larger... i hope aarp will "fix" this issue... thank you 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle