Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: New AARP Games site is live!

Message 241 of 338

I so hate to be a complainer, but . . . .

Why is everything on this site now smaller, includinng the print? Are none of the people who rebuilt the site elders who might know that print size is an issue? Come on, folks. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Lipstick on a pig (Bridge & Cribbage)

Message 242 of 338

Cribbage still uses the same loaded dice.  I assume this is because developers do not want to take the time to create a game with strategy to challenge players.

I started playing Bridge in college.  I played with people who we had to wake up and help them hold thirteen cards.  They were better than this game.  The bidding is bad, but surpasses the actual play of cards.  My partner trumps a trick, the next player under trumps.  When the computer wins the bidding, it will play trump after my partner and I are out of trump.  Terrible bidding, worse play.  

This is not an upgrade and worth everything we are paying, nada.  

Unfortunately AARP is probably paying for this and should have gotten something better.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

10X10 game

Message 243 of 338

i am disappointed that one of my favorite aarp games has been changed to a smaller version...it was better for me when it was larger... i hope aarp will "fix" this issue... thank you 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 244 of 338

I experience a very slow show of the games. then a black box when I want to repeat the game.

I am agreement about thinking I won't want to play here anymore.

Will this be corrected soon??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 245 of 338

I love the look except the game 10x10 is too small. Can you make the game screen a little larger?  It was larger before the new look.

Thank you-

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: "larger playing area"

Message 246 of 338

Ditto. I can't go back to compare, but it seems to me that the playing area for the mahjongg games is much smaller than before. All the redundant AARP promo material on the right, as well as the unnecessarily large game description and high score boxes underneath, is unnecessarily shrinking the playing area. This is a big disappoinment.

On the other hand, the playing area on my iPhone XS is now delightfully full screen. The trick for me was to disable browser tabs in Safari via the Settings app. Maybe the prior version would also have played full screen if I had known to disable browser tabs prior to the switchover.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Ref Alu's Revenge 2 Leader Board Mess

Message 247 of 338

I totally agree.  The scoring on Alu's Revenge is a mess.  Before I even played today, it showed I had scored 7M.  No matter what I score it remains at 7M.  This is an improvement????????????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "larger playing area"

Message 248 of 338

If the larger playing area exists, it is in the minds of the programmers because it sure isn't on my brand new, with all up to date browsers and other software, Apple iMac.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 249 of 338

Who ever "improved" the games apparently didn't take into consideration that the size of the game is important.

10x10 is now significantly reduced in size and not as easy to play.

Not sure what the expressed goal was for the change; but I personally don't  see improvement.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 250 of 338

Very frustrated with the new format.  Games take FOREVER to load. Sometimes the circle just spins and nothing loads.  Will have to find another site.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!