From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New AARP Games site is live!

Message 331 of 338

@AARPLynne wrote:

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster.

These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank You and Happy Playing!

I do not find the new format to be faster; however, the problems with the old format have been transported to the new format and have gotten worse.

Take BLACKJACK for example. Several players have figured out how to post IMPOSSIBLE SCORES such as 8 BILLION and 7 BILLION. I thought that the new format might prevent this illegitimate use of the gaming platform, but it has gotten worse.

One of these "hackers" has now figured out, not only how to post an illegitimate score, but how to post two scores to the same "measure"... daily, weekly, monthly. He actually has THE TOP TWO SCORES for the week..... 4 BILLION and 3 BILLION!!!!

Pretty soon, now that they figured this out, these particular players will have their scores posted to all ten top scores.

I reported these IMPOSSIBLE SCORES over six months ago and no action has been taken to correct the issue or to discipline these illegitimate score posters.

To score 8 BILLION points is impossible and if possible, would take weeks or months.

Try it!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Frequently Asked Questions: New AARP Games Site Launch

Message 332 of 338

NOTHING is loading.  I tried Outspell, Daily Search, and 10 x 10.  The load wheel just keeps going around and around, for over 5 minutes.  I am on my laptop, Windows 10.  I've been enjoying these games for months, but now they are not working at all.  Why people have to tamper with things that WORK is beyond me; they NEVER work afterwards.  So annoying.  Guess I'll have to go find another game site.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Overview of New Games Site:

Message 333 of 338

Since the last change I've been reduced to just one or two games.  This change has now ruined one of them. Addiction Solitaire is visually smaller than before.  The "toggle" changes it from miniscule to miniscule-minus.  The change is infintesimal.  All I see is larger scores and larger ADs.

Also, they took away the off-screen pause feature so the clock runs out if you have to change screens.

Now I'm down to Sudoku which is not even one of the best versions.  I'll probably be playing games on some other website now.

Thanks for nothing.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 334 of 338

If I could only get get to it

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 335 of 338

Good morning, @wolfalar; @cj30564300 . Are you seeing anything at all or just a white screen? (I'm also seeing a white screen when using Internet Explorer. Other browers, such as Chrome are working fine for me.)

If you are logged into AARP.org and then go to Games in a logged in state, the homepage will show. However, some may see a brief white screen and red progress wheel while the Games site authenticates game players. I'm wondering if this is what you're seeing, but it should resolve quickly to the homepage. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 336 of 338

Guess I won't be playing any more games, none of them will come up.  They flash on the screen and then just a blank space.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Overview of New Games Site:

Message 337 of 338

Finding Games: Now Simpler!

• The new site’s cleaner design makes finding games simpler. The game images on category pages are now larger and easier to click through on desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.  

• A new, improved search bar helps you find your favorite games quicker and discover new games with search suggestions as you type.  

Playing Games: Now Easier!

• Game screen size is increasing!  On laptops and desktop computers, you can toggle between two different screen sizes: Standard Mode, similar to the current game screen size, and Larger Player Mode, a slightly bigger, more convenient play area. Games will automatically start in Larger Size. To toggle down, click the screen icon on the bottom right corner of the game.

• It’s also now easier to play on your mobile phone. Game area scaling on mobile devices is improved and the game will adjust better to the size of your phone’s screen.

Site Speed: Now Faster!

• Speed to access and play games is improved. You can start enjoying your games faster, while other page elements continue loading in the background.  
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

New AARP Games site is live!

Message 338 of 338

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster. These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

If you need to report a technical issues, please include your device type and browser to help us isolate and resolve issues faster. Please be patient as we work through some known technical issues (e.g., IE browser is not loading). 

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season