Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 8

Any progress on this? The problem happened again today. I realize this is a just a speck of dust in the grand scheme of the universe, but...it just "bugs" me. Thanks.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Hi @ErtNls, thank you, that's very generous of you to share this level of detail. I'm sharing your findings with the tech team – this could be very helpful in determining this bug. Thanks again!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Hello again. I found the same problem when playing Freecell on my phone using Chrome. But somehow I stumbled on this development: When I was missing a 2 on the board, I clicked on to the corresponding Ace already in the top pile - and the 2 appeared on top of the Ace. So that is where the problem is occurring: the 2s don't always appear on top of the Ace after you have put them there. This is still a problem, but maybe the additional information will help you solve it. Thanks again. I have played Freecell for many years without encountering this problem. And I play it against myself trying to get to a certain score, so the delays this problem causes are an annoyance.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Good morning, @ErtNls. Many thanks for the screenshot. It's especially helpful because so far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in Edge. With your help, we're now investigating the issue. I'll circle back when I have any updates. -Lynne

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

P.S. My device is a PC and I'm using Microsoft Edge.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your reply. Of course I realize that most of the time all the cards are on the board. I've not checked to see if they're all there at the beginning of any one game, because they probably are, and should be - so I'm certainly not going to count the cards every game I start. But here is a screenshot, in the middle of a game, where the 2 of diamonds is nowhere on the board. It's always the 2s, as far as I've experienced - one time it was three of them! Needless to say, this makes progress in the game rather difficult. What can be done? (Not by me, by the game maker!) Thanks!

Screenshot (1).png

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Good morning, @ErtNls, thanks for your post. I just checked the game and see all four 2s and all 52 cards. If you have the chance, please provide a screenshot if you're seeing less than 52 cards at the start of the game (we'd also like to know your device and browser info). You should see 4 columns of 7 cards each (28) and 4 columns of 6 cards each (24), adding up to 52. Thanks for your contribution to the AARP Online Community!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Missing cards in Freecell Solitaire

Message 8 of 8

In several recent games of Freecell, I have noticed that some of the cards are just simply not on the board. Mostly it's the 2 cards. One time, three of the 2's were missing (one was already on top of an Ace). The note on the game specifically says that all of the cards in the deck are turned face up at the start of the game. Where are the 2's? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit