Contributor

Mahjongg Solitaire by Target

The revised graphics hurt my eyes!  The red background is distracting, and the graphics on the tiles are not as clear and defined as they were previously.  The graphics seem faded or poorly copied.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @JeanIsabel. I'm following up on my earlier reply. Wanted to let you know our development team was able to correct the issue you noticed with the clarity of the tile graphics. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hi, @JeanIsabel, thanks for trying the new game and sharing your feedback with us. I'll be sure to have the development team look into these concerns. May I ask on what type of device you are playing?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Please tell me this isn't a permanent change to the game. Will the red advertisement eventually end? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Every single Mahjongg game requires a 15 second ad from Target?  I've lost count of how many times the ad has interrupted play between games. There is NO way I am watching such repetition. People who play Mahjongg are not so dense that they didn't get the message the first time. 

Periodic Contributor

I hate this new Target-driven Majong game.  For some reason, aside from the annoying ads, I can't seem to win.  Not sure what is going on.  Maybe it's the red background.  

Super Contributor

I'm having the same problem, LizW. It is sooo frustrating ! I've got ad blocker so the ad's are not coming thru, but some places won't let me play because of it. The game is frustrating enough without ad annoyance.. It's the same with TV. We pay big bucks to the suppliers of our services and have to watch the same stupid ad's interrupting a movie etc. over and over. Greed !
0 Kudos
Contributor

yes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why do the games take so long to load? They used to load instantly, now it takes several minutes. (Mahjong Solitare, Klondike Solitare), Backgammon)

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JamesM619673, thanks for your question. It could be time to clear your cache. Here's a couple articles from our Ideas, Tips & Answers that you may find helpful:

Why Do I Need To Clear My Cache?

How to Clear Your Cache

@JamesM619673 wrote:

Why do the games take so long to load? They used to load instantly, now it takes several minutes. (Mahjong Solitare, Klondike Solitare), Backgammon)

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The time has also been cut from 15 mins. to 10 mins. making it more difficult for us that need more

time to see and think.  I was able to solve the game before, but now cannot get past the 40k.s: 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JudithP526204. I’d like to clarify that the timing hasn’t been reduced and has consistently been 10 minutes. However, Mahjongg: Age of Alchemy has a 15 minute timer. Is that the game you’re thinking of? (All other Mahjongg games have 5-10 minute timers.) Thank you for taking the time to post to the AARP Online Community!

@JudithP526204 wrote:

The time has also been cut from 15 mins. to 10 mins. making it more difficult for us that need more time to see and think.  I was able to solve the game before, but now cannot get past the 40k.s:

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Must be the Age of Alchemy, Lynne. Sorry 'bout that. I did not notice. However, this new Target one is harder with less time. I don't play to beat the high scorers, but it's pretty frustrating for us older folks to
see those scores and wonder.....?
Periodic Contributor

I do not care for the graphics in general but specifically it is offensive to have the entire game a Target advertisement!  I pay to belong to AARP and yet I still have to watch ads when I play games. Just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JeanIsabel, thanks for trying the new game and sharing your feedback with us. I'll be sure to have the development team look into these concerns. May I ask on what type of device you are playing?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I agree with JeanIsabel. It looks terrible and is very hard on these "older" eyes. In addition, I now have to look at a pre-grame advertisement on the video screen PLUS an ad to the right of the screen. Aren't these "free" games included with our dues?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks to @Morai0326 and others who pointed out the snag with pre-roll video ad. I'm happy to report that the issue has been resolved so that the ad only plays every 30 minutes.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
AARP Members Only Games

AARP Members, play Pong, the game that started it all! Grab your paddle, play the angles and score to win.

Paddles up!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Pong
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg