Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Mahjongg Dimensions

Message 11 of 22

In the last couple of days, I had to change browsers to get into the games.  Now, my scores are lower and I notice the list of scores is lower.  I was using Microsoft Edge. Now I am using Google Chrome.

One game is so slow, I have to pound my touchscreen.  Frustrating!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

I play on a desktop with a mouse, and almost always end up in the mid- 70,000's.  Once I got 100,500 but that was a fluke. Yesterday I played what I thought was a pretty good game - fast, and got lots of 4-in-a-rows - and still ended up around the mid-70,000.  Something is not right.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

I play Dark Dimensions on a non-touchscreen and am also irritated at the super high scores. A few things I have noticed when I get a higher-than-usual score:

1. If you click with a consistent rhythm, the score is higher -- even if your clicking is not as fast and frantic. The consistency seems to work.

2. If you click on incorrect matches, the score is definitely less. Mistakes seem to count against you even if you are moving quickly.

Anyway, my highest is 109,625 and I haven't been able to get past that. Cheers to all!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

I  think  this  Game  is  like   MahJongg  Candy,  ITS  ALL  **bleep**ED   UP,  &  nobody  can  get  it  to  PLAY  Right.--   J B.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

I am using a touchscreen.  My highest score was 71,000.  I hate to admit it but my touch is not fast enough.  Still love the games.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

The other day I obtained a score over 282, 000 playing the same way. It appeared to me that the game was scoring higher and faster. I think it is a programming issue and not you!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

So I think I figured it out last night. I've been playing on my Windows 10 laptop with a mouse and I can't score over 27,000 or so. I tried it on my Kindle Fire last night - a device not really designed for web apps - and it ran super slowly. The timer also ran very slowly (not in real time like on my laptop) and I scored 39,000 on my first attempt. Then it crashed. :-) 

So my guess is that using a device with a touch screen will enable you to score higher. I'll try it on an iPad and see how that goes.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

I have a vague recollection of someone once commenting that on some gaming sites, and I do not know if this is true for AARP, that you could purchase "power ups" that would enhance your score.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22
I feel the same. I say it is a trick somewhere,
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

I have the same question. They must be using software to solve it the fastest possible way. It's impossible for a human to score that high.

Kudos
Views