Trusted Contributor

MAHJONGG SOLITAIRE

Okay, I give up. Does anyone out there have any tips on how to score in the 90K's and above in this game? I've managed to get to 62,316 once, but haven't gotten near it again. The best that I can do is the high 50K's. Any words of wisdom?

0 Kudos
Contributor

This response is to all games.  No matter which game I play it's the same thing - in the beginning I get a high score and don't seem to be able to match it again. Then the top scores are so high I wonder how on earth anyone was able to reach it as it seems impossible based on playing the game.  But then, one day I managed to reach a score on a daily board and my score wasn't even listed.  Now just play for fun when I feel like it because the scoring system takes the fun out of it. 

Trusted Contributor

I think that SP43.....'s last line says it all for me. "the scoring system takes the fun out of it." As far as I'm concerned I think that the only scores that should be recorded are our own. Playing against ourselves, as long as others are using whatever enhancement tactics they can for inflated scores, should be all that we're interested in. Playing to improve oneself should be what we strive for.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I have had the same experience with all four of your notes here.  I've never gotten more than in the 60k's.  Most times it's the 50k's.  Funny part is that I'll sometime get a higher score with just 75% or 50% complete than when I clear the board !  Go figure?!  I also seem to have a hard time with my 'clicker' (sticky) and can't move fast enough on the Mahjongg Candy game or the Soitaire game.  Frustrating, because I'm not sure if it's my computer or if another reason.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I realy don't know.  I know that some of the the layouts can not be solved.  I even had one where I could not find more then one on candy Mahjongg that one had one move and then there was no more moves.  I was so upset with that one because I thought all this time it was me that had an issue.  I know I am not great. Please, not get me wrong.  But that just proved the point in my brain.  It is not me all the time.  To day on mahjongg solitair like many other times I know it was not a good layout because it had three of the same in the very middle.  So I cleared off most of the top and still the last of the three did not show up.  Some I get the the last middle and they are stacked on each other.  These are not the way I used to play.  I don't go for the numbers count.  I want to get it all cleared.  I love Mahjongg but not so much AARP's set up. So when I get tired of it I go to another Mahjongg on my desk top.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I took someone else's advice and check out the layout as far as moves possible before I start the game. Some of the boards stink right off the bat. If I don't like the looks of the board I just go on to a new one. The scoring is what gets me. I can clear a board and still get a lower score than if I leave some tiles on the board.

0 Kudos
Contributor

So true.  If you just clear it without trying to get point that is.  When you get to the game and have the layout on, click the Question mark.  It tells you how to get point.  I don't do it for points because I like clearing the layout.  Every time I tried for point I could not clear it but got better points.  All the other games I have played in my life time did not have that system. So when I clear a board, I have won.  The other way does not help me feel good at what I have done.  Just makes me feel bad that I can't even come close to the 300,000 that some people get some time.  (Over 300,000 happened yesterday) BUT not by me. 🤣

0 Kudos