Community Manager
Community Manager

Known issues we are working to resolve

Good afternoon gamers! Thank you all for jumping in today to try the new AARP Games site. This is a quick announcement to update you on a few known issues we are working to resolve. Please continue to participate in the main topic of discussion found here. Thanks again, your contributions to the AARP Online Community are invaluable!

Update:

• IE and Edge browsers: We have identified the issue causing the site and games not to load for some IE and Edge users and we’re working quickly to resolve it now.
  • User scores: On a few games, personal and leaderboard scores did not migrate correctly. We are looking to see if there is a fix to restore previous scores now.
  • If you are experiencing slowness on browsers other than IE and Edge, please consider updating your browser to the current version (see minimum system requirements) and refer to the Games Help page for instructions on how to update your browser.
Regular Contributor

Problem is:   Can't log out of AARP website using Edge browser.  I am continually shown as being logged in, even after shutting down my computer and restarting, I'm still logged in on AARP. Also, if I click on any news item in the AARP email newsletter, I get the error message: "Bad Request, Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."  

NOTE: This problem seems to be unique to Microsoft Edge browser.  I'm not talking about any issues with the games.

HELP !!

0 Kudos
Contributor

along with all of the other issues regarding cheating, and game malfunctions, I think there is another issue that needs to be addressed.  I have been playing roll 5 for a few years, and since the "new and improved" games came out, it has become clear that AARP is biasing game scores in favor of those that do not have ad blocking software installed.  It's ridiculous to watch the way the dice will roll off of certain numbers that had already been set to cause you to lose a match, and it is almost impossible to get bonus most of the time.  Watching the dice roll to establish which bonus you will get, the biggest share of time, there is not even any side of the dice that even has a bonus on it.  After watching the way the dice roll very closely for about a month, the blantant "cheating" by the game operators to ensure that their players that are forced to watch the mind numbing advertisements between every game will also get the higher point scores as a reward.  Not worth it to me.  I'm gone until AARP addresses this issue.  I wouldn't be surprised that most of the people playing these games are not paying aarp members.  I will check back in once in a while to see if any ot the issues have been resolved, until then, it is just too frustrating to try and play these new games.  Great job AARP in running people off.  Good by, I will go play someplace else.

Contributor

I changed my browser and that didn't change a thing.  I really miss my crosswords.  I think you have spoiled me with your puzzles.  I have a Kindle Fire and have never had a problem with the games until this week.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I used to be able to get games on my desktop computer and it was a nice "release" to play at the end of a busy day. Now, it is blank everytime I try to get in it. Just a blank screen. Upstairs, somehow we can play on our laptop. I have only played the Mahjong games, though.

Contributor

I did too. Easiest way is to search your history (Ctrl + H) and go back to last time you were able to play the game. Click on that & then when finished with games reduce site to bottom of screen (- sign on upper right of page). 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @garymholcomb, would it be possible for you to check whether your desktop meets our minimum system requirements?

Hardware requirements:

1.5 GHz processor

Windows OS: Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10

macOS: Sierra (v10.12)/High Sierra (10.13)/ Mojave (10.14)

Resolution: 1024x768

2 Mb/s internet connection

JavaScript enabled

Desktop browsers:

Chrome 69

Firefox 63

Internet Explorer 11

Edge 42

Safari 11

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

p57869s; cmallory5391, we identified an issue of games not sizing properly on mobile. While we work to resolve this issue, those of you on tablet may find that turning your tablet to portrait (tall) mode remedies the issue in the short term until we can fully resolve it. We thank you for your ongoing patience as we make the necessary repairs.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My Apple iPad loads every game with the game too large for the screen (too far right and too low on the screen) and freezes there. It does not allow me to change the size of the game on the screen because it is frozen in place.
I’m using the Safari internet browser, I am signed in to AARP, MODEL OF IPAD IS 13’’ screen, air pad 3, and the software is up to date (recent update a few days ago).
Thanks for any info you can give me—I miss playing the games!
Cathy Mallory
Orca2@clatskanie.com
Contributor

While playing Outspell if I hit the "Word" tab the entire screen jumps down.  When I reposition the screen so it can be seen in it's entirety and then begin typing the screen again jumps down about half the length of the screen. 

0 Kudos

Hate the new format. Played Wander Words for ages-had a really high score then the new version took my score back to zero to start all over again. Now Wander Words will not load at all. The screen is just blank. Just another one of my favorite games lost. Looking to find a new game site.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Look in your history, to last time you were able to play & click on that.

Periodic Contributor

Lynne, I think that you are the one in charge over there at AARP Games. So I hope you will please read this.

In Blackjack today, just after 5 pm Pacific time (when the games roll over in their new incarnation), a player posted a game score of 655 million !! 

This is nothing more than rampant cheating! A score that high would take days to accumulate. It's not fair, and it takes all the fun out of trying to be the best for all the rest of us who play honestly! Why can't you, working with the game developers at Arkadium, stop this blatant hacking? 

And if you are unable to stop it, why don't you simply shut dow the accounts of these cheaters? I would very much like a response.

Thank you.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PowerSource wrote:

Lynne, I think that you are the one in charge over there at AARP Games. So I hope you will please read this.

In Blackjack today, just after 5 pm Pacific time (when the games roll over in their new incarnation), a player posted a game score of 655 million !! 

This is nothing more than rampant cheating! A score that high would take days to accumulate. It's not fair, and it takes all the fun out of trying to be the best for all the rest of us who play honestly! Why can't you, working with the game developers at Arkadium, stop this blatant hacking? 

And if you are unable to stop it, why don't you simply shut dow the accounts of these cheaters? I would very much like a response.

Thank you.

That same player just posted a score of over 16 BILLION!!!!!!!

It would take months to score that legitimately.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PowerSource wrote:

In Blackjack today, just after 5 pm Pacific time (when the games roll over in their new incarnation), a player posted a game score of 655 million !! 

Thank you.

That user presently has #1 scores of 5.5 MILLION on the daily scoreboard, 5.6 MILLION on the weekly scoreboard, and 13.7 BILLION on the monthly scoreboard!!!!

You and I both know that those scores are impossible legitimately.

One just needs to play the game to realize this; and yet, this issue has existed for over SIX MONTHS!!!!!

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Contributor

I have not been able to access the games site at all; my desktop computer justs clocks.

Contributor

Very disappointing. Why would you decide to 'upgrade' by leaving out people with less than the most recent
systems?
Games are smaller, not larger, as promised. Nothing is better in any way that I can see...should have left things alone.

Contributor

Outspell always says I have an unfinished game, when I don't. but first I get the circle of doom and then a black screen which I have to click on before the game will open. I am using Edge so it may be part of the ongoing problems.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Using Windows 10. Games will not load using Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome.

They will load using FireFox, however display & mouse cursor bounces around.

Contributor

I am not happy with the gaming changes and the website!!!! I was happy the way it was!!!!! Now, visually, everything has gotton smaller???? Did AARP forget, we are aging seniors and need larger print?????????

On the gameing issues: Some of my favorite games are, GONE!!!! The changes to visuals are smaller and when I enlarge the game, it becomes fuzzy! (seniors do NOT want to see FUZZY!) Also, the speed is not consistent. 

I pay dues for a resaon and I am not happy with the AARP website!!!!!! Stop with all the constant changes, that are not working!!!!!!!!

Who are making the website decisions? I will bet, it someone that does not understand seniors? Shame on AARP, its an organization for  seniors.

A dissapointed memeber

Regular Contributor

Woman Sad I completely agree with you. Not only am I a member of AARP but also have my Medicare Advantage plan with AARP/United Health Care. It seems that there little respect for seniors with the game developers.  If we all leave I wonder what that would say. Time to either fix what is not working or just not play. Time to contact the big wigs of AARP with this issue.

Contributor

I use Mac pro, iPad, & iPhone to play games with safari.  Ver6 few of the games work now. 😞

0 Kudos
Contributor

How soon will we see a solution to the problem of games loading in IE or E

dge?  I now cannot get AARP to load in IE at all (not just games)

Periodic Contributor

Again, I have absolutely no games at all to play.  I don't know what my "browser" is or how to find out what it is.  Why did AARP have to go and change everything, and make it more difficult???!!!

Periodic Contributor

I have no games whatsoever.  And I do not know what my "browser" is or how to change anything.  Why did AARP make playing their games so much more difficult!!!???

0 Kudos
Contributor

Nothing works -- HP Notebook, browser Firefox. Plus wish you'd have kept the original jigsaw! Won't be using the site again.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Really, you want to blame our browser for creatign slow after your so called update/enhacement?  It's always the standard wrong answer.  Perhaps you should look at the update instead since that is where the problem originted.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why did you do this? What a waste of time! Look at all the negative comments! Was this a way to see how truly interested we are in the games? Did AARP PAY FOR THIS!??????????????????

What a complete waste of time!

I can't get any of the Mahjongg's to open. I think it is a problem with the Brightview video player.  However, you can get all of the AARP games free at the LA Times site.  But they are smaller.  Just
what this upgrade was trying to fix.  But pre-upgrade these were still larger than LA TImes.  But the Times ones work!

https://games.latimes.com/category/allgames/

And they are free (unlike the Washington Post ones I used to play).

How silly this all is.  There was no need to make this change.  And how many of us will not go back to keep checking to see if it works.  It is just not worth the time.

Regular Contributor

WHEN WILL ALL OF YOU JUST COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT AARP JUST DOESN;T CARE ABOUT THE GAMES. IT'S JUST NOT THEIR PROITY. AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT IS!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg