Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Known issues we are working to resolve

Message 1 of 52

Problem is:   Can't log out of AARP website using Edge browser.  I am continually shown as being logged in, even after shutting down my computer and restarting, I'm still logged in on AARP. Also, if I click on any news item in the AARP email newsletter, I get the error message: "Bad Request, Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."  

NOTE: This problem seems to be unique to Microsoft Edge browser.  I'm not talking about any issues with the games.

HELP !!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 52

along with all of the other issues regarding cheating, and game malfunctions, I think there is another issue that needs to be addressed.  I have been playing roll 5 for a few years, and since the "new and improved" games came out, it has become clear that AARP is biasing game scores in favor of those that do not have ad blocking software installed.  It's ridiculous to watch the way the dice will roll off of certain numbers that had already been set to cause you to lose a match, and it is almost impossible to get bonus most of the time.  Watching the dice roll to establish which bonus you will get, the biggest share of time, there is not even any side of the dice that even has a bonus on it.  After watching the way the dice roll very closely for about a month, the blantant "cheating" by the game operators to ensure that their players that are forced to watch the mind numbing advertisements between every game will also get the higher point scores as a reward.  Not worth it to me.  I'm gone until AARP addresses this issue.  I wouldn't be surprised that most of the people playing these games are not paying aarp members.  I will check back in once in a while to see if any ot the issues have been resolved, until then, it is just too frustrating to try and play these new games.  Great job AARP in running people off.  Good by, I will go play someplace else.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 52

Look in your history, to last time you were able to play & click on that.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 52

I did too. Easiest way is to search your history (Ctrl + H) and go back to last time you were able to play the game. Click on that & then when finished with games reduce site to bottom of screen (- sign on upper right of page). 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 52

Hi @garymholcomb, would it be possible for you to check whether your desktop meets our minimum system requirements?

Hardware requirements:

1.5 GHz processor

Windows OS: Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10

macOS: Sierra (v10.12)/High Sierra (10.13)/ Mojave (10.14)

Resolution: 1024x768

2 Mb/s internet connection

JavaScript enabled

Desktop browsers:

Chrome 69

Firefox 63

Internet Explorer 11

Edge 42

Safari 11

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 52

I used to be able to get games on my desktop computer and it was a nice "release" to play at the end of a busy day. Now, it is blank everytime I try to get in it. Just a blank screen. Upstairs, somehow we can play on our laptop. I have only played the Mahjong games, though.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 52

p57869s; cmallory5391, we identified an issue of games not sizing properly on mobile. While we work to resolve this issue, those of you on tablet may find that turning your tablet to portrait (tall) mode remedies the issue in the short term until we can fully resolve it. We thank you for your ongoing patience as we make the necessary repairs.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 52

I changed my browser and that didn't change a thing.  I really miss my crosswords.  I think you have spoiled me with your puzzles.  I have a Kindle Fire and have never had a problem with the games until this week.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 52
My Apple iPad loads every game with the game too large for the screen (too far right and too low on the screen) and freezes there. It does not allow me to change the size of the game on the screen because it is frozen in place.
I’m using the Safari internet browser, I am signed in to AARP, MODEL OF IPAD IS 13’’ screen, air pad 3, and the software is up to date (recent update a few days ago).
Thanks for any info you can give me—I miss playing the games!
Cathy Mallory
Orca2@clatskanie.com
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 52

While playing Outspell if I hit the "Word" tab the entire screen jumps down.  When I reposition the screen so it can be seen in it's entirety and then begin typing the screen again jumps down about half the length of the screen. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season