Community Manager
Community Manager

Known issues we are working to resolve

Good afternoon gamers! Thank you all for jumping in today to try the new AARP Games site. This is a quick announcement to update you on a few known issues we are working to resolve. Please continue to participate in the main topic of discussion found here. Thanks again, your contributions to the AARP Online Community are invaluable!

Update:

• IE and Edge browsers: We have identified the issue causing the site and games not to load for some IE and Edge users and we’re working quickly to resolve it now.
  • User scores: On a few games, personal and leaderboard scores did not migrate correctly. We are looking to see if there is a fix to restore previous scores now.
  • If you are experiencing slowness on browsers other than IE and Edge, please consider updating your browser to the current version (see minimum system requirements) and refer to the Games Help page for instructions on how to update your browser.
Contributor

Chrome browser:  Majority of "free cells" games cannot be finished without being cut short- jumped out or stopped.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Have not been able to have one game open since yesterday afternoon.

Honored Social Butterfly

Still just a blank black screen for "Bubble Dragon" this morning.  I'm disappointed.

"Alu's Revenge 2" doesn't load either.  A white screen this time.

Contributor

I loved the word games and playing Klondike - I had a few problems with WordWipe - which another player, also, commented about -  but NONE of the games load now on my Chromebook, at all.

0 Kudos
Contributor

First, the pages keep jumping up & down when trying to center the playing field, now it is jumping up & down while I type this.

Second, and this was a problem BEFORE you changed things, when I play Word Wipe, which I am addicted to, it can play through to the end, no problem.  BUT, each time I'm online playing more than 1 game of it, it will get to where I can NOT hi-lite the words.  There are numerous ways it does this.

It will not "wipe" the word when completed, everywhere you try to click it drags across from where your word ended to where you clicked.  Or, you can't get any of the letters to light up, no matter how many times you click on them.

This happened on my old PC & laptop, then on my Amazon Fire tablet, then on my new PC & laptop, so I know it is not the device.  It is the game.

Like I said, I'm addicted to it so could you please fix this?  I had hoped that when 5/14 arrived that this would have been miraculously fixed, not so.

Thanks,

RT

I am having problems with Mahjongg Solitaire using Chrome. It doesn't size properly and I can't turn the music off like we could with the older version. The size is either really big or really small when I go from 75% to 80% on my browser. The size button on the game doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am still unable to open any games page using Edge.  It pops up for about a second and then there is nothing.  Really missing my Mahjong dark dimensions fix!

Contributor

Same here.  Game page pops up for less than a second, then goes to a white screen.  I may check in a few days to see if it's been fixed.  Similar things happened the last time they updated Games.  Obviously whoever is making the changes is not competant or this is not on AARP's priority list.

Periodic Contributor

Same experience here.  And, no, the solution is not to try another browser when everything else I do online works fine. 

Now, I can't play any games! My browser is Firefox 66.0.5. Please revert to the previous incarnation of this site, or, at least, make it possible to choose between the old site and the new (worthless to me) site.

Periodic Contributor

I still cannot use the aarp games website. I tried several browsers. I tried to erase my cookies, etc. I will post at least once a day until the problem is fixed. Fellow gamers please do the same until they will fix it!

Regular Contributor

When the new games went live, I was able to get them. Now, nothing happens. I did all the recommendations and nothing has happened. I used a desktop with Microsoft Edge. Every time there is an update, you make more problems.
Periodic Contributor

Same here, this has been going on for over 2.5 weeks!!!!! Do the people at AARP not read the complaints or are they just ignoring all these comments and complaints. I am very disappointed in the way AARP is handling issues.
Contributor

Ruins the fun for everyone. I see it too.At first I thought I was just a bad player.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not  been able to get into Aarp games for days now and I am having "withdrawal" symptoms. I tried it from my usual "most used" site and also from just googling it. Where are the games?????

Contributor

I try to play my AARP free online games on my desktop computer-using Firefoz & Google sites...

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I seldom play any games here.  After seeing many pages of complaints - I checked it out for myself.  Went to SpiderSol - It worked just fine!  Then, went to 8 ball pool.  Played several games;  it also worked just fine.  Screens are a bit small for me - and the screen size adjustment thingy is laughable.  But no problem in operating whatsoever.

Am on a Dell Latitude laptop, Windows 10, Google Chrome browser - with laptop hooked to a docking station and separate gigantic monitor.  I don't clear any cache, or do anything at all "special" to play the games.

Looks like I am the exception here.

0 Kudos
Contributor

AMEN-same happening to me....

0 Kudos
Contributor

clear cookies or try another browser

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

After two plus days, still not working on MS Edge.  All is updated, cleared cache, restarted computer.  Maybe I need to be doing other things with my time, anyway.  

Periodic Contributor

Ditto here.  There has even been an update since this new game issue started.

0 Kudos
Contributor

i agree with others about not being able to play the games. i was able to play a few once or twice but then it wouldn't load again. too bad because it was fun to play now that i am retired.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Members Only Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle