Contributor

Jeopardy for AARP scoring anomaly

On the second day of the Jeopardy for AARP contest, the leading score is $1,333,817.  There appears to be something wrong.  I calculated the maximum possible score for a single game (including single, double, and final jeopardy rounds) in this contest is $470,400 (assumes all answers are correct, the daily doubles are all in clues having the least value on the board, the daily doubles are selected as the final clues in each round, and the bets on each daily double and on the final jeopardy clue are for the entire amount accumulated at those points).  So on the second day of this contest, each player can have played a maximum of two games, which would have a maximum two-game score of $940,800.  Since the current leader has more than that, something seems to be awry?  Does anyone know how the leader's score might be possible?  As an aside, please note the maximum score here is less than the maximum score on the TV version of Jeopardy because there are only 5 categories in each board in this contest, but there are 6 categories in each board in the TV version.

Contributor

The second round gave me 0 points for my first try, but I had over 30,000 points. When I selected "End The Game" I received no points at all

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ihccarb. I'm sorry to hear that. Will you please share the device/browser being used so I can have the team troubleshoot this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am using Safari 13.0

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ihccarb, what day/time did this happen? It seems the issue was present last night but resolved this morning.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JeopardyJim, thanks for posting here. Earlier today there was a leaderboard error which was quickly corrected (i.e., it was pulling in all scores per user, not just the first score). Enjoy the Jeopardy!® for AARP Tournament!

0 Kudos