Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: It seems that AARP's games platform has been hacked

Message 11 of 31

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hi @nctarheel, I see the leaderboard scores that you mention as well. This is in the hands of the product team--they are working to correct the scoring glitches but the work is not finished. We will post here when the work is completed. Thank you.

Scoring Glitches in BLACKJACK, you say?????

Then why are the same two players who posted impossible scores of 9,000,000 and 10,000,000 a couple of days ago now have scores posted of 79,000,000 and 81,000,000, @AARPLynne?

If there were a scoring glitch, all sorts of people would have these IMPOSSIBLE SCORES; but that is NOT the case.

Please be transparent with the users of these boards.

If there is a security flaw in your games platform; please tell the truth to the users that use it.

It is no wonder that today, one hour into the new scoring day, not ONE PERSON has played this game.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 31

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hi @nctarheel, I see the leaderboard scores that you mention as well. This is in the hands of the product team--they are working to correct the scoring glitches but the work is not finished. We will post here when the work is completed. Thank you.

I do not understand why you are calling these "scoring glitches". The impossible scores are being posted by the same three or four people over and over.

The "glitches" don't seem to be happening to anyone else.

Are they addressing that issue as well, @AARPLynne ?????

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 31

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 31

Now it's not the 8 millions; it's the 10 millions; and yet, AARP has not addressed the issue.

It seems that AARPLynne is silent about this issue.

WHY?????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 31

New week; new scores, folks.

Not in the SEVEN MILLIONS like yesterday; but in the EIGHT MILLIONS.

These are IMPOSSIBLE SCORES but no action has been taken.

Check the leader board on BLACKJACK.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 31

@nctarheel wrote:

@AARPLynne,

Has any progress been made toward the IMPOSSIBLE SCORES being posted to BLACKJACK?

Overnight, a score of 1.9 BILLION with a "B" was posted.

Can't be done.

As you can see folks, there has been NO RESPONSE by AARP as to the "bug" they identified weeks ago. It has now been well over a month since I reported this "bug"; and yet, ONCE AGAIN, there are scores in the MILLIONS being posted to BLACK JACK.

It is not only in the top score either, the second place scores are also in the MILLIONS.

These scores are IMPOSSIBLE through the game's regular play.

AARP's silence speaks volumes.

I just hope our use of their games platform is not exposing our computers to nefarious malware.

The users of this site need to have an update of what is being done, what the real problem is, and how it is going to be resolved by @AARPLynne.

I am afraid that these disproportionate scores are more than what we have been told.

I am going to attempt contact other MANAGEMENT at AARP about this issue to see if they are aware of it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 31

@AARPLynne,

Has any progress been made toward the IMPOSSIBLE SCORES being posted to BLACKJACK?

Overnight, a score of 1.9 BILLION with a "B" was posted.

Can't be done.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 31

The response to nctarheel was ten days ago. Today there is another one billion score on Blackjack, by the same person who scored in the millions a couple of days ago. They've "identfied the bug"? Don't think so. Also, nothing appears to have been done about some of the loading issues with other games like Polymath, which has never loaded. I am seriously considering dropping this website, as they can't seem to protect their customers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 31

@AARPLynne wrote:

@nctarheel: We’ve identified the source of the bug on the leaderboard and we’re working to resolved it now.

While I appreciate that you have responded to my posts, please be more transparent in your responses, @AARPLynne.

While I believed initially that there is a "BUG" in the top position of the scoreboard as you have previously stated; I now DO NOT believe that explanation.

The reason?

Because a poster posted another IMPOSSIBLE SCORE of 8,556,072 on the BLACKJACK GAME on 12/17/2018.

HE IS THE SAME PLAYER THAT POSTED THE 1,332,005,474 SCORE EARLIER IN THE MONTH.

That means, to me, that a poster has found some way to nefariously post IMPOSSIBLE SCORES repeatedly and that it is not a "BUG" as you have offered as an explanation.

This makes me concerned about the security of your games platform.

You have not offered any information relating to the security of your platform, no assurances or any other information.

The fact that the same player has found a way to post impossible scores requires a more thorough explanation of what he has been able to do.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 31

@nctarheel: We’ve identified the source of the bug on the leaderboard and we’re working to resolved it now. We also noticed the oddity on the Backgammon monthly leaderboard and that is being investigated. We have seen a few leaderboard bugs since making the platform changes to remove Flash games and they are under investigation. Again, thank you for your diligence in reporting these in Online Community. 

(Please note: Moderation will merge--or close--multiple posts on the same topic. Therefore, we will make this the primary location for this topic. Kindly post and/or check back here for updates.)

Kudos
Views