Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

YET A SECOND GAME HAS APPARENTLY BEEN HACKED

Message 21 of 31

Once again, impossible scores are being posted to games on AARP'S GAMES PLATFORM.

Make sure your malware and virus protection is up-to-date as this is yet another game with IMPOSSIBLE SCORES.

AARP needs to be more transparent regarding the issues they are facing with one game after another having impossible scores being nefariously posted to their games platform.

This time it is the BACKGAMMON game.

A score has been posted of:

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO ATTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Again folks, something's terribly wrong with AARP'S games platform and we are getting very little information regarding the issue from @AARPLynne.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: It seems that AARP's games platform has been hacked

Message 22 of 31

@AARPLynne wrote:

@nctarheel, what you’ve identified appears to be a bug within the top position on the leaderboard. As I mentioned earlier, we’ve also noticed this scoring oddity and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible.  Thank you for your diligence. We will continue to post updates as they’re available.

Folks,

Be aware that the so called "BUG" within the top position as identified by @AARPLynne is now SPREADING.

The top position is now held by this EVEN MORE IMPOSSIBLE SCORE of:

The reason that I have said that the "BUG" is spreading is that the second position is now occupied by an equally IMPOSSIBLE SCORE of:

I believe that the impossible scores are actually being held in the top three positions in BLACKJACK as the third position is also in the MILLIONS. That is proof to me that something more than a "BUG" in the top position is at work.

AARP needs to be transparent on this problem and tell us users whether we are being exposed to something nefarious by using their gaming platform.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 31

@nctarheel, what you’ve identified appears to be a bug within the top position on the leaderboard. As I mentioned earlier, we’ve also noticed this scoring oddity and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible.  Thank you for your diligence. We will continue to post updates as they’re available.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Here We Go Again, Folks... AARP Has Totally Screwed Up Games

Message 24 of 31

@nctarheel, what you've identified appears to be a bug within the top position on the leaderboard. As I mentioned earlier, we've also noticed this scoring oddity and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you for your diligence. We will continue to post updates as they're available.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 31

WARNING!!!!!

It seems that AARP has no interest in protecting its games platform. The player that supposedly posted a score over 4 MIILLION has now posted a score, overnight, of:

Folks, that is just impossible and AARP seems to not be concerned.

Make sure your virus protection and malware protection is up to date when using this games site because that score above was posted using NEFARIOUS MEANS.

There would be no other way to score that high.

@AARPLynne  needs to address this issue expeditiously.

Who knows how safe the platform is when someone can post an impossible score through some unknown means as has been done here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Here We Go Again, Folks.... AARP Has Totally Screwed Up Games

Message 27 of 31

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hello @nctarheel. Thanks for your post. We also noticed that scoring oddity and already have reported this to the product team for further investigation. Thank again!

It has been two weeks and now I notice additional issues with the scoring for the Blackjack game.

There was a high score of 300,000+ in the lead as far as this week's high score and the monthly high scores.

TWO PEOPLE have now added scores in the MILLIONS on the same day. That day was yesterday, 12/12/2018.

That 300,000+ score has disappeared. 

I am feeling that the games platform is being hacked as the previous score in the BILLIONS was impossible and now, the two scores, on the same day, in the MILLIONS, is unlikely.

The disappearance of the 300,000+ score also calls the security of the games platform into question.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 31

@AARPLynne wrote:

Hello @nctarheel. Thanks for your post. We also noticed that scoring oddity and already have reported this to the product team for further investigation. Thank again!

Thank you for your response.

Please let the community know if this was a hacking incident that could affect our computers and what's on them.

For a user to be able to input what I would consider an impossible score, it may have been done by nefarious means.

This type of thing has happened before with the old version of 5 ROLL. If you got the best score for every box on the scorecard for 5 ROLL, I believe the total couldn't be any more than about 6,600 points. For a time, there were users that were inputting scores of 44,000, 51,000, and 63,000 and above. The issue was resolved but AARP was very secretive on what caused the issue.

I hope you are more transparent this time.

Now that I read that another user is getting your emails, my concern is further raised that something is out of whack with more than the games platform.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 31

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 31

That ONE BILLION score.... I miscalculated.

IT IS 2,000 times higher than the next higher score.

But, as predicted, NO ONE at AARP will even look at it.

It is obvious that their gaming platform has some hacking issue as scoring 2,000 times the next highest score is virtually impossible.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Here We Go Again, Folks... AARP Has Totally Screwed Up Games

Message 31 of 31

Take BLACKJACK for example.

Look at the high scores for the month.

The second highest score is in the 500,000's. I assume that is an attainable score if you keep winning and doubling your bets at the right time.

BUT LOOK AT THE #1 SCORE, MY FRIENDS.

It is OVER 1 BILLION. That's right, BILLION with a B.

THAT'S OVER 1,000 TIMES THE SECOND HIGHEST SCORE!!!!!

Impossible.

But I bet AARP will not even take a look at it.

Kudos
Views